Leeds v Blunderland Zebs OMDT

Titman

Re: Leeds v Blunderland Zebs OMDT

Post by Titman »

Sid wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:28 pm Was gonna ask how we went on but reading last few posts tells me all i need to know. In Madrid, not seen any mancs ( already at match when i got here i think) Dortmund cunts all over the place. Could be amusing tonight i reckon,
Hope you’re enjoying it Sid 👍🏻

Madrid that is.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:42 pm Rutter has been off it since his op.
Needs to change things up for Blackburn.
Roberts in at RB, Gray for Kamara, Gnonto for James. Minimum for me. I’d probably even bench Rutter for Piroe.
Piroe is pants unless playing as the 9 and then he’s not mobile enough, playing him in place of rutter makes no sense.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Sid wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:25 am
Roberts in at RB, Gray for Kamara, Gnonto for James. Minimum for me. I’d probably even bench Rutter for Piroe.
Piroe is pants unless playing as the 9 and then he’s not mobile enough, playing him in place of rutter makes no sense.
Well playing Rutter at the moment isn’t making a lot of sense either. And for the record, Piroe isn’t an out & out 9 either. Russell Martin described him as ‘more of a 10’. He’s a mixed bag.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Apparently we’ve already had 6 letters of apology from PGMOL this season. Dare say there’ll be another in the post.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Rutter lost the ball 25 times v Coventry and he didn't look much better last night. He needs dropping for anyone at this point.
Rick

Post by Rick »

The weakness to Farke's approach is it's overreliant on flair players being in form.

I don't disagree or agree with his approach. Proof is in the pudding. Though I get the logic of playing patient football when you have exceptional attacking talent. Minimises opposition chances whilst you're still a threat yourself due to your attacking talent. Not an unsensible approach considering the squad and the numbers are pretty much as expected from such an approach being successful. Best defensive record, decent enough scoring record and many points accumulated. Enough to be promoted most seasons.

Problem is, when players aren't on form the system isn't going to win you games. It may reduce opposition chances but it won't help you create anything. Then you end up with last night. 90 minutes of tedious bollocks.

He ain't changing his system and why should he? It's got us above 2 points a game. But playing the same front 4 who are on their arse and his inability to change games is a shortcoming. His only method is to throw loads of attackers on with 10 mins left. That's inept.

He has tweaked his system before, like v Hull at home (choosing to concede the possession) or playing more direct when the opposition leaves gaps (though that's just common sense rather than a tweak). But he tweaks nothing when teams park the bus. He just prays Summerville will unlock the door. It just seems odd for a manager to watch 80 minutes of that shit last night and do fuck-all about it.
Leedsfromsouth

Post by Leedsfromsouth »

It was all far too slow and ponderous with negative passing sideways and backwards once again…
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:21 am
Well playing Rutter at the moment isn’t making a lot of sense either. And for the record, Piroe isn’t an out & out 9 either. Russell Martin described him as ‘more of a 10’. He’s a mixed bag.
What ever the question, Piroe imo is not the answer.
number8shirt

Post by number8shirt »

This ponderous toss won’t get us promoted!!

At least Blackburn appear to be shit.