MDT Leeds v Millwall

Sid

Re: MDT Leeds v Millwall

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:46 am
Sid wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:16 pm Need to speed things up against these cloggers.
38 games Sid let it go :lol: we ain’t changing :mrgreen:
Fuckin hate it, so obvious just how much better we could be playing to our strengths. Bit like me going on about that yank cunt or Piroe eh? Fuckin about at back will come back to haunt us, mark my words.

Yours sceptic Sid. 🙃
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:33 pm
Sid wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:16 pm Need to speed things up against these cloggers.
Fuckin hate it, so obvious just how much better we could be playing to our strengths. Bit like me going on about that yank cunt or Piroe eh? Fuckin about at back will come back to haunt us, mark my words.

Yours sceptic Sid. 🙃
If it's gonna come back to haunt us then teams are gonna have to start scoring against us soon cos we ain't conceded from open play this calander year and there's only 8 games left.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:53 pm

Yours sceptic Sid. 🙃
If it's gonna come back to haunt us then teams are gonna have to start scoring against us soon cos we ain't conceded from open play this calander year and there's only 8 games left.
We cannot drop any points the way things are shaping up, just one silly fuck up and it could cost us dearly. I just don’t get the idea or reasoning behind it. We are lightning quick up front but just fuck about and for big parts of every game ignore the attributes we have at our disposal. Why from a throw in on their byline do we go backwards so often ending up with Meslier thumping it long back to where we were 5 minutes earlier anyway🤷‍♂️ Beyond me tbh. I know we are winning, i know we are on the brink and i know many won’t agree but i still think something wrong with Farkes tactics and decision making and believe he is a limited entity. Go up and do the same and we will be back down first year. Perhaps that’s why he is a champ manager and not a prem one. As ever hope i’m wrong but just something that really niggles me.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:02 pm

Yours sceptic Sid. 🙃
We cannot drop any points the way things are shaping up, just one silly fuck up and it could cost us dearly. I just don’t get the idea or reasoning behind it. We are lightning quick up front but just fuck about and for big parts of every game ignore the attributes we have at our disposal. Why from a throw in on their byline do we go backwards so often ending up with Meslier thumping it long back to where we were 5 minutes earlier anyway🤷‍♂️ Beyond me tbh. I know we are winning, i know we are on the brink and i know many won’t agree but i still think something wrong with Farkes tactics and decision making and believe he is a limited entity. Go up and do the same and we will be back down first year. Perhaps that’s why he is a champ manager and not a prem one. As ever hope i’m wrong but just something that really niggles me.
He knows what he's doing. Maybe this is his level and we'll need to sack him next Christmas in the Prem, who knows. But in terms of the here n now and his objective he's on course to suceed. Scored 28, conceded 3 this year. That suggests his tactics are sound at this level. He's won this league twice and that experience is showing. Guy is as cool as a cucumber compared to Martin and Maresca.

To add to that, look at who else we were linked with, and who the other relegated teams appointed. Hardly big names, hardly even names. I thought Farke was the right choice at the time out of all the names in contention and despite a few hiccups along the way I think the board will be vindicated come May. Probably be a few records broken for good measure. We ain't losing at ER this season.
Last edited by Rick on Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:24 pm
Sid wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:02 pm
He knows what he's doing. Maybe this is his level and we'll need to sack him next Christmas in the Prem, who knows. But in terms of the here n now and his objective he's on course to suceed. Teams are rarely creating chances against us let alone scoring and we're creating enough to win games comfortably. Scored 28, conceded 3 this year. That suggests his tactics are sound at this level. He's won this league twice and that experience is showing. Guy is as cool as a cucumber compared to Martin and Maresca.

To add to that, look at who else we were linked with, and who the other relegated teams appointed. Hardly big names, hardly even names. I thought Farke was the right choice at the time out of all the names in contention and despite a few hiccups along the way I think the board will be vindicated come May. Probably be a few records broken for good measure. We ain't losing at ER this season.
I don’t dispute anything you say, i just think he lacks and makes things hard for ourselves. Always play to your strengths, we imo do not at the moment. As ever just my opinion, me been picky. Just not sold on him tbh though don’t dispute he’s done a good job. Odd i know. Just something not quite right for me.
Rick

Post by Rick »

The reassuring thing is if he's not up to scratch in the Prem the board will take appropriate action. Their recruitment has been excellent so far. Players and manager have been horses for courses signings. Sensible recruitment to get the job done. They'll know the Prem is a different course.

Like you've always said Sid, sucess comes from the very top. Incompetence in the boardroom always eventually leads to failure. So far these guys seem very sensible to me which bodes well.

Probably the biggest takeaway this season. No silly twitter outbursts from our board. Haven't even noticed them, it's all been about the team, the way it should be, which sits 1st in the Championship despite a chaotic takeover at the dawn of the season and a shitshow of contracts to deal with. Bravo
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:59 pm The reassuring thing is if he's not up to scratch in the Prem the board will take appropriate action. Their recruitment has been excellent so far. Players and manager have been horses for courses signings. Sensible recruitment to get the job done. They'll know the Prem is a different course.

Like you've always said Sid, sucess comes from the very top. Incompetence in the boardroom always eventually leads to failure. So far these guys seem very sensible to me which bodes well.

Probably the biggest takeaway this season. No silly twitter outbursts from our board. Haven't even noticed them, it's all been about the team, the way it should be, which sits 1st in the Championship despite a chaotic takeover at the dawn of the season and a shitshow of contracts to deal with. Bravo
Again, can’t argue with that.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Agree with Sid in a lot of what he says but I also think my main niggle of Farke is he’s not Marcelo whom I adored.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Jay wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:08 pm Agree with Sid in a lot of what he says but I also think my main niggle of Farke is he’s not Marcelo whom I adored.
Don’t think anyone would compare to MB to be honest, Just think farke lacks the vision to see what an abundance of tallent he has and sells the team short of it’s full potential. Bit like that prick southgate, same issue with him. England win games despite him not because of him.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:11 pm
Jay wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:08 pm Agree with Sid in a lot of what he says but I also think my main niggle of Farke is he’s not Marcelo whom I adored.
Don’t think anyone would compare to MB to be honest, Just think farke lacks the vision to see what an abundance of tallent he has and sells the team short of it’s full potential. Bit like that prick southgate, same issue with him. England win games despite him not because of him.
Apparently Scum are after Southgate. That would be beautiful. Will make England watchable again and turn Scum into a midtable borefest.

2 birds, 1 brick.