Zebbys Leeds United General discussion

Titman

Re: Zebbys Leeds United General discussion

Post by Titman »

And I’ve been thinking about the 49ers and their silence. Not just over last few days but full stop really. Is it possible- or probable- that under the terms of the agreement they cannot say anything whilst Radz is majority shareholder?
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I don't understand the logic... everyone would seemingly be happy with Potter, but what has Potter done that Corberon hasn't?

The new bloke at Brighton has shown its as much to do with club culture and recruitment than anything Potter himself did.

Achieved nothing at Swansea.

Failed and 'spat out' by Chelsea.

Bielsa seems a good judge to me, and he promoted Corberon to the first team and in to his inner sanctum, which he apparently never does.

And he'll have seen the best of the likes of Creswell and Shackleton, which I think can be beneficial.

When have I ever been wrong before? Murphy was never given a chance ffs
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Skippy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:09 pm I don't understand the logic... everyone would seemingly be happy with Potter, but what has Potter done that Corberon hasn't?

The new bloke at Brighton has shown its as much to do with club culture and recruitment than anything Potter himself did.

Bielsa seems a good judge to me, and he promoted Corberon to the first team and in to his inner sanctum, which he apparently never does.

And he'll have seen the best of the likes of Creswell and Shackleton, which I think can be beneficial.

I don't want Potter either for what it's worth. Not much better than Hughton at Brighton in terms of points and we saw how they improved drastically after he left. Chelsea was a disaster.

It's about time we went for an on the up Manager.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Titman wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:57 pm And I’ve been thinking about the 49ers and their silence. Not just over last few days but full stop really. Is it possible- or probable- that under the terms of the agreement they cannot say anything whilst Radz is majority shareholder?
Could well be some of that to it but I'm sure some of the things the press are getting hold of are being leaked by them.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Schwantz34 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:33 pm
Skippy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:09 pm I don't understand the logic... everyone would seemingly be happy with Potter, but what has Potter done that Corberon hasn't?

I don't want Potter either for what it's worth. Not much better than Hughton at Brighton in terms of points and we saw how they improved drastically after he left. Chelsea was a disaster.

Yeah like Corberon. He's only 40 ffs haha
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Skippy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:06 pm

He may come in and do a great job.

I think it's more than fair to question whether he could handle it or not, given the rapid folding that happened in his only job with high expectations at the club he was Managing.
LimerickWhite

Post by LimerickWhite »

Skippy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:06 pm

Being young doesn't mean you are on the up. If Corberan hadn't been with Bielsa nobody would even come close to suggesting him for the job based on what he's done in his career so far. Its the same nonsense as people always wanting ex players back. You said earlier Bielsa is a good judge I'd counter with how many of Bielsaz coaches assistants have gone on fo be good managers? Its completely different.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I assume Potter and Rodgers will just wait till a Prem job becomes available. Most do. Even Allardyce got a gig after biding his time. Can't see us getting an established Prem manager, especially with all this uncertainty behind the scenes.

What does that leave? Promising Champ managers or managers from the continent. Corberan being the former. A risk but it'll be a risk whoever we get. Can't really think of anyone in the Championship that would make me massively confident of a promotion push. Some promising managers abroad but you just don't know how they'll adapt to English football.
Last edited by Rick on Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Whose putting shortlists together, Angus? Fuck does he know about football?. And those scouts/analysts that stayed on after Orta left don't fill me with much confidence.
Titman

Post by Titman »

What’s this Lorient guy like?