January Transfer Thread

Rick

Re: January Transfer Thread

Post by Rick »

Schwantz34 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:19 pm The other issue of course is our bloody system. I'm not sure he's one to have balls whacked at him constantly to hold up.

As I say though huge potential and looks brilliant in flashes.

Decent report on him here for those who haven't heard of him;

https://www.foottheball.com/rising-ball ... e-fifa-22/
Yeah that would be the concern, being able to do the shit Paddy did so well. Just watched his youtube clips and he clearly has talent and looks a big lad, but if Prem defenders are gonna bully him off ball he'll be useless to us.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Schwantz34 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:15 pm
Rick wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:58 pm
Schwantz34 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:35 pm Kicker broke a story saying we're in for Georginio Rutter from Hoffenheim. Young 20 year old forward with big potential. Can't see us spending the big money on him that's being talked about though, but you never know.

Florian Plettenberg and Ronan Murphy have both reported on it as well.
You seen much of him?
Seen a fair bit of him and he is a talent that's not in question. Very young and still a lot to learn. Plenty to like there though he's not exactly a prolific scorer. People will love his YouTube compilations but we all know how that can go.

Personally though I'd say he's not going to be a hit the ground running forward and really we need one that can. Saying that though look at Gnonto who a few including me, didn't think was ready and even the club stated he wasn't then quickly changed their mind.
Like you say, a lot of money for a 20 year old.
Can't see them spending that on an established forward let alone a kid. Maybe a take over has come forward.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Rick wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:45 pm
Schwantz34 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:19 pm The other issue of course is our bloody system. I'm not sure he's one to have balls whacked at him constantly to hold up.

As I say though huge potential and looks brilliant in flashes.

Decent report on him here for those who haven't heard of him;

https://www.foottheball.com/rising-ball ... e-fifa-22/
Yeah that would be the concern, being able to do the shit Paddy did so well. Just watched his youtube clips and he clearly has talent and looks a big lad, but if Prem defenders are gonna bully him off ball he'll be useless to us.
He will press and doesn't get injured often which would be key traits for us. Works his bollocks off and his numbers will probably back that up.

Bundesliga as much as I love it is very different to doing it in the Premier League however. It's a good standard over there mind, don't get me wrong.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Hampshirewhites wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:50 pm
Rick wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:58 pm

You seen much of him?
Seen a fair bit of him and he is a talent that's not in question. Very young and still a lot to learn. Plenty to like there though he's not exactly a prolific scorer. People will love his YouTube compilations but we all know how that can go.

Personally though I'd say he's not going to be a hit the ground running forward and really we need one that can. Saying that though look at Gnonto who a few including me, didn't think was ready and even the club stated he wasn't then quickly changed their mind.
Can't see them spending that on an established forward let alone a kid. Maybe a take over has come forward.
If I'm honest I think the main concern is that it has the feelings of a Gakpo this. All bluster about a big fee and chase him for weeks, and then recall James to play up front on deadline day because 'we did all we could but just couldn't get this one over the line'.

If they pull off the deal though then something likely has shifted as you say.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Schwantz34 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:53 pm
Hampshirewhites wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:50 pm

If I'm honest I think the main concern is that it has the feelings of a Gakpo this. All bluster about a big fee and chase him for weeks, and then recall James to play up front on deadline day because 'we did all we could but just couldn't get this one over the line'.

If they pull off the deal though then something likely has shifted as you say.
Typical of what's happened recently.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Maybe Southampton are playing hardball with Adams and we're using this lad to soften their stance.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Rick wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:00 pm Maybe Southampton are playing hardball with Adams and we're using this lad to soften their stance.
Oh Christ I can imagine the uproar if that happened :lol:

The German reporter's tweeting about it are reliable mind so there must be something to it, but that fee seems a bit beyond us surely.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Rick wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:00 pm Maybe Southampton are playing hardball with Adams and we're using this lad to soften their stance.
Southampton? Playing hardball over Che Adams in January? Serious deja vu!
Rick

Post by Rick »

Titman wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:07 pm
Southampton? Playing hardball over Che Adams in January? Serious deja vu!
They'll finally crack when we offer em £8m upfront and a further £12m if we win the Copa America.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

A Dutch journalist living in Belgium says we're signing Brugge B number 1 Senne Lammens.

Negotiations happening over whether it's now or June.

https://twitter.com/tomaztaecke/status/ ... ZvUMQ&s=19