General Football

Rick

Re: General Football

Post by Rick »

Yep. Take the lead, then defend for the rest of the game. Guy still thinks this is the way despite what happened v Croatia and Italy.

Worst thing is when we go into contain mode the players don't even seem to know what to do. Any cohesion just disappears to the point we can't even counter attack. Just hoof it to Kane and hope he wins a freekick to relieve a bit of pressure.

Dunno why I even bother getting pissed off by it or hope to see summat different. Guy's fuckin clueless.
Jay

Post by Jay »

I dearly hope Southgate ends up being scums manager.

Aside from that, he has to go after this tournament win or lose. We are wasting the greatest crop of players we’ve had, possibly ever.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Agree Jay. This is the best England squad I've ever seen. That front 4 scored over 100 goals last season for the absolute cream of Europe.
Yet last night yielded the lowest number of shots in a Euros match since 1980.

You know a team is badly coached when the keeper rolls it out to the CB who points and screams at the midfield for a few seconds and then passes back to keeper to put his foot through it, over and over.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:20 am Agree Jay. This is the best England squad I've ever seen. That front 4 scored over 100 goals last season for the absolute cream of Europe.

You know a team is badly coached when the keeper rolls it out to the CB who points and screams at the midfield for a few seconds and then passes back to keeper to put his foot through it, over and over.
Southgate is just a less gobby shit yank Canadian national team manager.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:54 pm
Rick wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:20 am Agree Jay. This is the best England squad I've ever seen. That front 4 scored over 100 goals last season for the absolute cream of Europe.

Southgate is just a less gobby shit yank Canadian national team manager.
Aye both talked their way into positions they were massively underqualified for.

Fuck tactical nous. To be a manager these days you just need to be media friendly. We are in the age of the charlatans.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Wober OG :lol:
Rick

Post by Rick »

He's looked pretty shit. Daft booking. Some sloppy passes. Now an OG.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Subbed before the hour.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Georgia v Turkey best game yet. And what an end to it.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Belting goals in that