Schwantz34

Re: General Football

Post by Schwantz34 »

Akpom gone to Ajax.

Should weaken Boro.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Schwantz34 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:58 pm Akpom gone to Ajax.

Should weaken Boro.
Should help in our relegation fight eh?
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Titman wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:15 pm

Should weaken Boro.
It's not that bad :lol:
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Schwantz34 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:24 pm

Should weaken Boro.
It is according to waccoe!!😁
Titman

Post by Titman »

Should weaken Boro.
It’s not that great either.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Titman wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:04 am

No it's not but we're not going down. All we've lost really are players almost everyone wanted gone anyway. Yeah the loan clauses are a farce but at least they're gone the wastes of space. Nobody was paying top whack for any of them because as loads have said, they're shite.

It's the injuries that are killing us. It's absolutely ridiculous really and the medical staff seriously need looking into. Either give them more help or invest in it. We shouldn't keep getting so many players crocked.

Transfers have been good so far (in the standard we're bringing in) but we definitely need more and we can all see that. We're not a whole team off challenging though as loads of fans seem to be saying we are. Add in another good CB, a starting CM and a striker and things suddenly look a lot more positive. We need depth options as well of course but I highly doubt we're done with signings.

I totally get people's frustrations but some are taking it way too far.
Yeboahs left foot

Post by Yeboahs left foot »

Schwantz34 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:43 am
No it's not but we're not going down. All we've lost really are players almost everyone wanted gone anyway. Yeah the loan clauses are a farce but at least they're gone the wastes of space. Nobody was paying top whack for any of them because as loads have said, they're shite.

It's the injuries that are killing us. It's absolutely ridiculous really and the medical staff seriously need looking into. Either give them more help or invest in it. We shouldn't keep getting so many players crocked.

Transfers have been good so far (in the standard we're bringing in) but we definitely need more and we can all see that. We're not a whole team off challenging though as loads of fans seem to be saying we are. Add in another good CB, a starting CM and a striker and things suddenly look a lot more positive. We need depth options as well of course but I highly doubt we're done with signings.

The medical staff treat the injured players, not make them injured ha
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Yeboahs left foot wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:55 am

I'm aware of that but do you not think we have a lot of repeat injuries as well as lengthy periods out? Something doesn't seem right there to me. Are we rushing people back? Do we need better facilities to be able to better treat the injuries? Things like that.

I still think questions need to be asked there.
Yeboahs left foot

Post by Yeboahs left foot »

Schwantz34 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:48 am
Yeboahs left foot wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:55 am

I'm aware of that but do you not think we have a lot of repeat injuries as well as lengthy periods out? Something doesn't seem right there to me. Are we rushing people back? Do we need better facilities to be able to better treat the injuries? Things like that.

I still think questions need to be asked there.
Tbh think its the same names all time. Probably a reason we got them. Sini was injured alot before coming to us and been injured alot while with us. Bamford got pushed incredibly hard by Bielsa and ultimately his body couldn’t/can’t take it. Similar with Ayling and Cooper. Also, how many are muscle injuries and how many are contact injuries.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Also there have been players who were never injured for long like Klich, James, Alioski. Even an ageing Pablo didn't miss that many games iirc?

Perhaps we have just been buying crocked players?

Look at Roberts, was always a niggle with him when he was here, and he's missed a lot of matches at his loan clubs too.

There won't be much difference between medical departments at clubs. They'll all follow the same guidelines, treatment methods etc.