Summer '23 LUFC Transfer thread

Hampshirewhites

Re: Summer '23 LUFC Transfer thread

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Listening to a Zoom meeting with Tony Darigo.
Very honest about the situation.
Obviously knows a fair bit.
Thinks 3-4 will come in.
Said because of his injury problems , we can't rely on Bamford.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Hampshirewhites wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:57 pm Listening to a Zoom meeting with Tony Darigo.
Thinks 3-4 will come in.
The fact we still haven't replaced Bamford or at the very least given him a backup is on the previous regime.

We now need a first team starter regardless of what happens with Bamford, so that's got to be the focus you would think.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Schwantz34 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:23 pm
Hampshirewhites wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:57 pm Listening to a Zoom meeting with Tony Darigo.
Thinks 3-4 will come in.
The fact we still haven't replaced Bamford or at the very least given him a backup is on the previous regime.
Questions will be asked of the current one if they don’t get one by the end of the window. I certainly don’t think it’s a given.
Hampshirewhites

Thinks 3-4 will come in.

We now need a first team starter regardless of what happens with Bamford, so that's got to be the focus you would think.
Yes, it's a must.
I can see Byram and Helje being the left back options. Drameh has an injury, not sure how bad.
So if it was to be 3 coming in.
I'd guess a starting striker, 10 and a midfielder to play alongside Ampadu.
Hampshirewhites

Titman wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:00 am
Thinks 3-4 will come in.
Questions will be asked of the current one if they don’t get one by the end of the window. I certainly don’t think it’s a given.
It will be a disaster if we don't get one.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Thinks 3-4 will come in.
Dorigo consistently saying they want 3-4 more players in.

We'll see what happens.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Schwantz34 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:08 am

We'll see what happens.
Yeh & Phil Hay been saying we’ll be aggressive in the window since end of last season. Been far from. They know fuck all.
Will we? Maybe. But we still have the same problems we had last summer and the new season is here.
And all our ‘9s’ are injured. Almost predictably.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Titman wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:30 pm
Schwantz34 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:08 am

We'll see what happens.
Yeh & Phil Hay been saying we’ll be aggressive in the window since end of last season. Been far from. They know fuck all.
Will we? Maybe. But we still have the same problems we had last summer and the new season is here.
And all our ‘9s’ are injured. Almost predictably.
Has he? Not seen Hay say that myself. Saw Marathe say it in an interview but that's about it.

Like many of us thought, this is the situation;

Daniel Farke clear in his press conference today that #LUFC's squad needs strengthening 'in all areas'.

"I think we are really strong for this league but in all areas we could need some additions...there are many wishes but we also have to stay financially disciplined."

From the Farke presser.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Which reads as a passive approach to me. We’ve known Bamford is unreliable for well over a year in terms of fitness. And finishing. The one decent alternative departed weeks ago - which was expected. Early days for the 49ers but not particularly impressed so far.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Titman wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:17 pm Which reads as a passive approach to me. We’ve known Bamford is unreliable for well over a year in terms of fitness. And finishing. The one decent alternative departed weeks ago - which was expected. Early days for the 49ers but not particularly impressed so far.
It would appear they are working under constraints which isn't unexpected really. I agree we could have done with more in at this stage but Farke has said repeatedly he expects us to be busy right up until deadline day.

It's not ideal but he's now just got to get on with it. No choice.

A lot of this falls at the feet of Radz and co.