Zebbys Leeds United General discussion

Titman

Re: Zebbys Leeds United General discussion

Post by Titman »

Rick wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:30 pm
Yeboahs left foot wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:18 pm Think Farke and Cresswell is to do with his dad’s social media posts
Makes ya wonder why his dad did it. What good can possibly come from it?
And how unprofessional considering he’s also his agent!
Yeboahs left foot

Post by Yeboahs left foot »

Probably his way of getting him out of the club
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:00 pm
Yeboahs left foot wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:18 pm Think Farke and Cresswell is to do with his dad’s social media posts
What did he say? I don’t do twitter and shit
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:23 am
He said it would be nice to see him play again at some point, to paraphrase.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:30 am
Well it would be wouldn’t it?
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:24 pm

He knew what he was doing. The presser after the tweet was full of questions about Charlie. His dad created attention with his comment and brought pressure on the manager to address things publicly. Being his agent also brings motive into question.

Farke wasn't happy. Pretty much rinsed Cresswell during presser and said he can fuck off if a club meets their valuation.

I find it all very strange cos Charlie has always come across as a top lad and his potential is huge so its odd he hasnt had any game time this season.

Rumour doing the rounds is Cresswell was assured game time when he signed his new contract in summer, but back then there was uncertainty about most of the squad and how the rebuild would go, so perhaps we made false promises to tie him down and friction has been building. That might be bollocks mind. Fuck knows.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:02 pm
Sid wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:24 pm
He knew what he was doing. The presser after the tweet was full of questions about Charlie. His dad created attention with his comment and brought pressure on the manager to address things publicly. Being his agent also brings motive into question.

Farke wasn't happy. Pretty much rinsed Cresswell during presser and said he can fuck off if a club meets their valuation.

I find it all very strange cos Charlie has always come across as a top lad and his potential is huge so its odd he hasnt had any game time this season.

Rumour doing the rounds is Cresswell was assured game time when he signed his new contract in summer, but back then there was uncertainty about most of the squad and how the rebuild would go, so perhaps we made false promises to tie him down and friction has been building. That might be bollocks mind. Fuck knows.
Would suggest if that is true or close to it the old man is justified. Think perhaps you have to forget it’s his dad and think agent.
I find it a tadge strange, think farke is a bit of a dick to be honest. Lads a decent back up and should maybe warrant a place in squad at least perhaps.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:50 pm Would suggest if that is true or close to it the old man is justified. Think perhaps you have to forget it’s his dad and think agent.
I find it a tadge strange, think farke is a bit of a dick to be honest. Lads a decent back up and should maybe warrant a place in squad at least perhaps.
From what I've read Farke has previous for freezing players out at Norwich and calling his own players out in the press. And looking at the Spence situation and now Cresswell I think it's safe to say he doesn't mess about if he considers you not 100% alligned. Not a criticism, just an observation.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:22 pm
Sid wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:50 pm Would suggest if that is true or close to it the old man is justified. Think perhaps you have to forget it’s his dad and think agent.
From what I've read Farke has previous for freezing players out at Norwich and calling his own players out in the press. And looking at the Spence situation and now Cresswell I think it's safe to say he doesn't mess about if he considers you not 100% alligned. Not a criticism, just an observation.

If they are not pulling their weight like spence then fair enough, i’d be interested to know what young cresswell has done that warrants his treatment.

Think maybe farke needs to stop thinking about himself and concentrate on the good of the squad. Just seems to be a bit of a twat to me. That fuckin after match bollox really says he’s a dick imo.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:32 pm
Rick wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:22 pm

If they are not pulling their weight like spence then fair enough, i’d be interested to know what young cresswell has done that warrants his treatment.

Think maybe farke needs to stop thinking about himself and concentrate on the good of the squad. Just seems to be a bit of a twat to me. That fuckin after match bollox really says he’s a dick imo.
The Cresswell one is distinctly odd. Been at Leeds many years and had heaps of praise on his character throughout that time. A natural leader by all accounts. For the board to just green light (I assume they did) Farke saying he can fuck off for the right price suggests they've handed complete authority to him to do as he sees fit with the team. England U21 CBs don't come through the ranks very often and from a business point of view they'll have seen him as a big asset.

Farke was very careful regarding what he said about Spence, yet does a full character assassination on Cresswell. It's inconsistent and honestly confusing.