LUFC Summer Transfer Thread

Sid

Re: LUFC Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:07 pm 1 year into a 4 year deal. They aren’t binning him.
Talk of a 12 month review with walk away clause on 12 months. Dunno if true.

I doubt very very much if they will bin him, I though without hesitation would do so.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Chelsea now favourites to sign Summerville.
Really would be beneficial to us if we had a bidding war between Liverpool and Chelsea.

I've read a Zurich based Journo has stated they have a huge sell-on clause for Gnonto.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Reckon we may well be seeing Rutter on the wing next season. Think that would suit him more anyway. Less to think about. He's brilliant one-on-one but when he gets the ball in the middle with players surrounding him he can get flustered. Need someone there who protects the ball better. Plus let's face it, he can't shoot for toffee.

Need to get the front 4 right. James and Rutter on the wings would still be very strong at this level (though that frigger at Preston who tore us to shreds might be worth a look). Szmodics in the 10 would be ideal. I'd suggest Chair but he's a crim. I'd be fine with Joseph at 9 and Paddy as backup. Though a Latte Lath or Sargent would be ideal, though not sure any of this would be financially doable. Lot of conflicting reports about what we'll be able to spend.

Even so, utilise the loan market well. Ipswich brought in Hutchinson, Sarmiento and Moore on loan. They wouldn't have been promoted without them. Such players are out there.

Can't see the defence or midfield looking massively different. Probably be Gray, Ampadu, Struijk and Firpo at back (though hopefully get Rodon back). Gruev, Kamara MCs.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:22 pm Reckon we may well be seeing Rutter on the wing next season. Think that would suit him more anyway. Less to think about. He's brilliant one-on-one but when he gets the ball in the middle with players surrounding him he can get flustered. Need someone there who protects the ball better. Plus let's face it, he can't shoot for toffee.

Need to get the front 4 right. James and Rutter on the wings would still be very strong at this level (though that frigger at Preston who tore us to shreds might be worth a look). Szmodics in the 10 would be ideal. I'd suggest Chair but he's a crim. I'd be fine with Joseph at 9 and Paddy as backup. Though a Latte Lath or Sargent would be ideal, though not sure any of this would be financially doable. Lot of conflicting reports about what we'll be able to spend.

Even so, utilise the loan market well. Ipswich brought in Hutchinson, Sarmiento and Moore on loan. They wouldn't have been promoted without them. Such players are out there.

Can't see the defence or midfield looking massively different. Probably be Gray, Ampadu, Struijk and Firpo at back (though hopefully get Rodon back). Gruev, Kamara MCs.
And there we have it. Few weeks off until we know the runners and riders.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:25 pm
Rick wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:22 pm Reckon we may well be seeing Rutter on the wing next season. Think that would suit him more anyway. Less to think about. He's brilliant one-on-one but when he gets the ball in the middle with players surrounding him he can get flustered. Need someone there who protects the ball better. Plus let's face it, he can't shoot for toffee.

Of course. The point I was making before is this upcoming season is very unlikely to be as tough as last season was regarding the front runners, therefore a repeat of 90 points will do it.

Squads are obviously not going to take shape for a while but regardless there's nobody near Leicester or Southampton's depth coming down. They were both established Prem teams. We'd be nowhere near favourites if that quality was coming down again.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:31 pm
Sid wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:25 pm

Of course. The point I was making before is this upcoming season is very unlikely to be as tough as last season was regarding the front runners, therefore a repeat of 90 points will do it.

Squads are obviously not going to take shape for a while but regardless there's nobody near Leicester or Southampton's depth coming down. They were both established Prem teams. We'd be nowhere near favourites if that quality was coming down again.
Do you not think us as favourites is based on what we have as a squad today and not what we will have come KO?
11 weeks time and we will see more. Recruitment by all clubs concerned is vital but so is the manager.
Last edited by Sid on Wed May 29, 2024 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick

Post by Rick »

What I'm saying Sid is its rare for playoff final losers to be league favourites, which shows the dross coming down from the Prem. I'm not saying it's right or that we will be favourites come start of the season.

All I'm saying is Shef Utd, Luton and Burnley is not the same as the previous year of Leicester, Southampton and Leeds. And there won't be an Ipswich either. That was a rare case.

There won't be 3 teams getting 90+ points. Or at least it will be very very unlikely.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Bayern Munich after Archie is doing the rounds. YEP going with it, but they seems to be just sourcing clickbait sites.
Last edited by Rick on Wed May 29, 2024 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:03 am What I'm saying Sid is its rare for playoff final losers to be league favourites, which shows the dross coming down from the Prem. I'm not saying it's right or that we will be favourites come start of the season.

All I'm saying is Shef Utd, Luton and Burnley is not the same as the previous year of Leicester, Southampton and Leeds. And there won't be an Ipswich either. That was a rare case.

There won't be 3 teams getting 90+ points. Or at least it will be very very unlikely.
I think 90 will become the bench mark going forward, Forget the top 4 this year and the rest are pretty poor overall. You will get a few dropped points but we lost way too many to the supposed lesser teams.
You say those coming down are weak, they will have money available, they may not choose to spend it but they may, they buy to compliment their players who experienced promotion 12 months back and we won’t have that edge. We under the fraud totally lost the spine and work ethics of our promotion team and filled it with money orientated over hyped crap. I don’t think any of the loan players would be made of what it takes in champ, ( harrison perhaps) If The 3 coming down still have that spine, we will not be at the advantage many seem to think. I think we’ll be too passive again, i don’t think Farke is aggressive enough with his tactics.
Hope he changes things but given the times this season where he failed to do so i just can’t see it. Hope i’m wrong but on the evidence i’ve seen so far i would look to change manager for someone who will play to our strengths.
Rick

Post by Rick »

What we have to do is have a more balanced squad this year. For example not rely on Bamford for our system to work. A lot of points were dropped when he was injured. Agree we have to do better against the lesser teams.

Perhaps I was exaggerating calling the relegated teams dross, I'm sure they'll be there or there abouts. I just mean they are much weaker than those relegated last season.