Daily Bollox Fred

Sid

Re: Daily Bollox Fred

Post by Sid »

This olympics thing, why does it have to cost billions?
Must be better way !
Titman

Post by Titman »

What’s estimated cost Sid?
Always used to be the case that hosting the Olympics would be a £££ boost to that country/city and would outweigh the cost of putting it on. Has it swung the other way?
Titman

Post by Titman »

Just reading that the triathlon could become a duathlon due to e-coli in the Seine.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:42 am What’s estimated cost Sid?
Always used to be the case that hosting the Olympics would be a £££ boost to that country/city and would outweigh the cost of putting it on. Has it swung the other way?
No one knows over all but 10 plus billions. Not one of dearest in direct cost as many venues already in place, Economically though another story. Spent something like 1.5 billion on cleaning up the seine alone, that seems to have gone well it seems. More storms coming in today i think.
Massive vanity project for macron is all everyone is saying.
Paris is grid locked due to security and bull shit zone restrictions.this has been going on for lonths as well, right mess. They if reports are correct have had to give tickets away all over the show etc as well as take up because of cost was minimal.
This time of year Parisians leave city to go hols further south or out here, They thought the hotels etc would be filled with tourists and whacked up prices, no fucker is staying in Paris it seems, dead commercially. It’s normally quiet at this time but this year seems to be quieter than ever. My customers at Rungis market are saying dead trade wise.

Massive fuck up costing tax payer as usual and the little shit wonders why he is so hated. No Government in place despite elections called by the mini Napoleon where he got hammered. Just kicking can down road and refusing to put new Gov in place. Nowt getting done because of his olympic balls up. Everything in limbo because he won’t acknowledge his fuck up.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Can’t say as I’ve watched any of it although have seen ‘highlights’ of the opening ceremony. Who greenlit that fucker??
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:55 am Can’t say as I’ve watched any of it although have seen ‘highlights’ of the opening ceremony. Who greenlit that fucker??
Macron and his ape by all accounts

Not watched anything myself,no interest in it. Just amazes the money spunked on it, All from tax payers pockets when the whole place is on the brink.
Batley_white

Post by Batley_white »

@fev check ya Facebook messages mate please
Fev

Post by Fev »

Batley_white wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:34 pm @fev check ya Facebook messages mate please
Sorted pal
Rick

Post by Rick »

Oasis reunion. Reportedly worth £400m to em.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Rick wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:55 am Oasis reunion. Reportedly worth £400m to em.
No brainer for them really. Was always just a question of when.