MDT: Sheff Wed v Leeds

Sid

Re: MDT: Sheff Wed v Leeds

Post by Sid »

Sid wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:05 pm Keep pushing forward, they’ll crumble
And again, keep pushing, 3 or 4 will do nicely.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Some finish that
Titman

Post by Titman »

Rick wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:09 pmSome finish that
Some ball
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:13 pm
Rick wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:09 pmSome finish that
Some ball
Yup
Titman

Post by Titman »

Good result. Decent performance. Cant let that detract from the state of the bench though.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:06 pm Good result. Decent performance. Cant let that detract from the state of the bench though.
Just hope not got the wankers thinking all is ok.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Sid wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:14 pm
Titman wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:06 pm Good result. Decent performance. Cant let that detract from the state of the bench though.
Farke said after the match that additions are coming. Definitely.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Titman wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:54 pm
Sid wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:14 pm
Farke said after the match that additions are coming. Definitely.
As you mentioned in transfer thread.
Solomon looks like a done deal
Rick

Post by Rick »

3 big takeaways for me were the performances of Bogle, Joseph and Aaronson. All 3 have big question marks over them regarding this rebuild/new look Leeds.

Bogle positionally was suspect early on getting caught out as their left winger got in behind (not the first time this season). However from then on Bogle had him in his pocket and became more and more of a menace going forward. He's great at winning the ball high up the pitch too. Impressive performance.

Joseph was underwhelming v Brom, but last night was a top CF performance. Great movement, hold-up play and a touch of class for the assist. That was a huge CB he was up against anorl and he gave as good as he got. Last night will have reassured many about him, including myself. He can do it, let's hope he can do it constantly. I do wonder what a goal will do for him regarding his end product. Might be a case of the dam breaking.

Aaronson is an interesting one. I'm used to Georgie muscling his way through players and doing crazy dribbles. Though Aaronson doesn't dominate the ball like Rutter, his workrate is insane. That engine and movement will get him plenty of goal scoring chances as a no.10 at this level. Already 2 goals this season and could've easily been 3.

I have no idea what my expectations are this season. I was caught off guard by yet another rebuild. We need depth badly as that bench was dogshit. But last night was very encouraging, especially regarding the players with question marks over them. That bodes well for me. Few more shrewd signings next week and things could be really looking up. Excited to see what Ramazani brings to the table. Although the front 4 was devastatingly fluid last night, I do feel we need someone who can unlock defences v a low block.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:51 am 3 big takeaways for me were the performances of Bogle, Joseph and Aaronson. All 3 have big question marks over them regarding this rebuild/new look Leeds.

Bogle positionally was suspect early on getting caught out as their left winger got in behind (not the first time this season). However from then on Bogle had him in his pocket and became more and more of a menace going forward. He's great at winning the ball high up the pitch too. Impressive performance.

Joseph was underwhelming v Brom, but last night was a top CF performance. Great movement, hold-up play and a touch of class for the assist. That was a huge CB he was up against anorl and he gave as good as he got. Last night will have reassured many about him, including myself. He can do it, let's hope he can do it constantly. I do wonder what a goal will do for him regarding his end product. Might be a case of the dam breaking.

Aaronson is an interesting one. I'm used to Georgie muscling his way through players and doing crazy dribbles. Though Aaronson doesn't dominate the ball like Rutter, his workrate is insane. That engine and movement will get him plenty of goal scoring chances as a no.10 at this level. Already 2 goals this season and could've easily been 3.

I have no idea what my expectations are this season. I was caught off guard by yet another rebuild. We need depth badly as that bench was dogshit. But last night was very encouraging, especially regarding the players with question marks over them. That bodes well for me. Few more shrewd signings next week and things could be really looking up. Excited to see what Ramazani brings to the table. Although the front 4 was devastatingly fluid last night, I do feel we need someone who can unlock defences v a low block.
Good summary that.