LUFC Summer Transfer Thread

Titman

Re: LUFC Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Titman »

4 in at the absolute minimum. 2 of what we have are pretty useless/ineffective & at least 1 doesn’t want to be here it seems.

Oh, and we are relying on Joseph catching fire this season.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 6:16 pm 4 in at the absolute minimum. 2 of what we have are pretty useless/ineffective & at least 1 doesn’t want to be here it seems.

Oh, and we are relying on Joseph catching fire this season.
Strange situation all round.
Yeboahs left foot

Post by Yeboahs left foot »

£40m for Rutter? Snap their hands off. Cant wait to see him try and do 15 Cruyff turns in his own half in Prem again.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Ipswich have agreed a fee for Szmodics so can rule that out.

Heard chatter about Buendia coming on loan but there's no chance he drops down to the Champ imo.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Yeboahs left foot wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:03 pm £40m for Rutter? Snap their hands off. Cant wait to see him try and do 15 Cruyff turns in his own half in Prem again.
Honestly, I’m surprised someone has and a few weeks ago I’d have agreed. But the fact that we’ve lost both him & Summerville and there’s now 2 weeks left in the window is a concern. That’s a lot of G/A to replace.
Basically we’re in the a worse place than when Bogle arrived. Nearly a month ago we still needed reasonable LB cover and a midfielder. We still do. And now we need to replace arguably our 2 most influential players from last season.
40m is (imo) an outstanding/outrageous price for Rutter but timing is everything and his sale couldn’t have come at a worse time for us.
We’re now desperate. And every fucker knows it. We’ll now be paying a premium because we’ve pissed around in this window trying to be clever.
I’m also starting to question the sale of Kamara..
Rick

Post by Rick »

The Kamara sale is starting to look a little odd in retrospect. At the time the general consensus was we sold him to replace him with someone more suited to the role. But the squad is now so thin you'd be forgiven for thinking it was purely a financial decision rather then tactical. I mean we only bought him last summer so why buy him in the first place if he wasn't what we required?
Titman

Post by Titman »

Not to mention the ability to drive a bus through our midfield so far this season
Sid

Post by Sid »

So has Rutter actually gone?
Titman

Post by Titman »

Sid wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:47 am So has Rutter actually gone?
Unless he fails his medical yes.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:00 am
Sid wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:47 am So has Rutter actually gone?
Unless he fails his medical yes.
Fook, can’t blame him given the shit show at ER, for me worse than losing Jimmy. Fuckin shambles.