LUFC Summer Transfer Thread

Rick

Re: LUFC Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Rick »

Titman wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:09 pm Maybe that’s a tad harsh. But it’s starting to look like panic stations.

Rowe has very publicly withdrawn himself from Norwich’s first squad (a move Farke wouldn’t have been impressed with?). Why? Because he prefers the OM move? Has this caused us to try and nudge ahead for Rak-Sakyi? Certainly looks like it. Which makes the statement that we were prepared for Summerville and/or Gnonto departures look a bit flimsy.
Personally, I don’t see the need for another winger with the squad as it is. There’s more than enough cover. I’d rather get some more defensive cover and get an 8/10 in the building.
I guess Aaronson can cover Gnonto and James, and if James and Gnonto are both out Rutter can come in on the right, Aaronson left and Piroe in the 10. Not ideal as Piroe isn't suited imo. Though I'm not sure the potential of that situation occuring justifies spending a hefty wad on Rowe, who probably wouldn't even make our starting 11 if everyone is fit. Pretty evident Gnonto is the Summerville replacement and the reported £15m asking price for Rowe is probably too much for a back-up winger in our situation.

I reckon we're relying on Norwich's resolve to crumble on this one. Marseille's interest complicating matters even further no doubt.
Sid

Post by Sid »

We surely need decent midfielders, at least one fullback and may be a keeper( less of an issue for me)
Thing is though,,,,, need someone to gel it all together otherwise pointless.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Definitely a fullback. Bit baffled why we haven’t addressed keeper situation. To claim Meslier is the best in the league is nothing short of blowing smoke up his arse. He’s nowhere near being top keeper in this division. We could have accepted a couple of million from Marseille and it would still have looked good on the books. Getting one in now would look like panic stations.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Linked to Jack Clarke for 20m. That ain’t happening.
Batley_white

Post by Batley_white »

Brighton have activated £40m release clause for Rutter
Rick

Post by Rick »

Oh for fuck
Titman

Post by Titman »

No excuse not to go get Clarke and a few others now. Money is DEFINITELY there
Titman

Post by Titman »

Looking like a bit of a car crash this window
Titman

Post by Titman »

And I’d put money on someone doing the same with Gnonto very soon
number8shirt

Post by number8shirt »

Turning into a predictable August shit show. Pathetic on the pitch and utterly clueless off it.