General Football

Sid

Re: General Football

Post by Sid »

Jay wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:32 am
Rick wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:16 pm Was like watching 90s football. Pickford punting it long over and over, so all we could do was camp in our own half hoping to get a break somewhere.

That isn't a tactic. It's what you do if you're Wrexham playing Man City. It's admitting defeat before a ball is kicked.

We looked dangerous when we had to throw caution to the wind. Sadly the game ended when we equalised. We were never going to cross the halfway line from then on, meaning Spain could attack at will. He'll never learn, just re-lives the same script over and over expecting a different outcome (though I'm not even sure he expects a different outcome, he's tactically inept, not insane). A pilot repeatedly going down with his passengers, spurred on because previous pilots couldn't even achieve lift-off.

Lost 2 - 1 to Croatia, 2 - 1 to France, 2 - 1 to Spain. All alarmingly similar. Shits himsen in tight games v decent opposition and just sits back. Did v Italy too, though they didn't find the winner and needed pens, we invited them on like an over-eager whore.

If Southgate remains England manager I'll no longer be watching. He is unequivocally out of his depth. Beating inferior teams and losing regularly on a more level playing field does not constitute proficiency, regardless of how many semis and finals he's reached. It is abject failure dressed up as success. I am yet to see Southgate's England come up against a better team on paper.
Pretty much perfectly sums up my feelings.

I’m so fucked off with football on the whole and I wonder if there’s much point me caring so much about something that just repeatedly kicks me in the dick.

I’m in an abusive relationship with it and best thing to do is dump it. Shame I love the cunt really.

10 years without a drop of alcohol passing my lips today and I’m fucking miserable, got Covid and can’t summon the energy to even smash the house up in anger at this cruel cruel world.

Happy Monday!!!!!
10 Years, Gone quickly from here, most likely not from your side. Maassive turnaround that. Credit to you.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:29 am Funny tournament really. Best side won it but I wouldn’t label them great. Don’t think any of the top sides really showed up. Player fatigue maybe?
Lack of pride imo. Fuckers should try working real jobs they would know real fatigue then and wouldn’t be able to bin if off at 30. Set of pounced up arsewipes.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Congrats on a decade dry Jay. Southgate and Kane's robotic post-match interviews must've tested your willpower. Enough to drive a nun to heroin those 2.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Titman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:29 am Funny tournament really. Best side won it but I wouldn’t label them great. Don’t think any of the top sides really showed up. Player fatigue maybe?
Only enjoyable aspect was the lesser teams having a good go at it.

Agree Spain defo not great, they're just well drilled. Only Rodri and perhaps Yamal get in our starting 11.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Sid wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:46 am
Rick wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:16 pm Was like watching 90s football. Pickford punting it long over and over, so all we could do was camp in our own half hoping to get a break somewhere.

That isn't a tactic. It's what you do if you're Wrexham playing Man City. It's admitting defeat before a ball is kicked.

We looked dangerous when we had to throw caution to the wind. Sadly the game ended when we equalised. We were never going to cross the halfway line from then on, meaning Spain could attack at will. He'll never learn, just re-lives the same script over and over expecting a different outcome (though I'm not even sure he expects a different outcome, he's tactically inept, not insane). A pilot repeatedly going down with his passengers, spurred on because previous pilots couldn't even achieve lift-off.

Lost 2 - 1 to Croatia, 2 - 1 to France, 2 - 1 to Spain. All alarmingly similar. Shits himsen in tight games v decent opposition and just sits back. Did v Italy too, though they didn't find the winner and needed pens, we invited them on like an over-eager whore.

If Southgate remains England manager I'll no longer be watching. He is unequivocally out of his depth. Beating inferior teams and losing regularly on a more level playing field does not constitute proficiency, regardless of how many semis and finals he's reached. It is abject failure dressed up as success. I am yet to see Southgate's England come up against a better team on paper.

I’m so fucked off with football on the whole and I wonder if there’s much point me caring so much about something that just repeatedly kicks me in the dick.

I’m in an abusive relationship with it and best thing to do is dump it. Shame I love the cunt really.

10 years without a drop of alcohol passing my lips today and I’m fucking miserable, got Covid and can’t summon the energy to even smash the house up in anger at this cruel cruel world.

Happy Monday!!!!!
10 Years, Gone quickly from here, most likely not from your side. Maassive turnaround that. Credit to you.
Cheers mate and surprisingly it’s flown by for me after the first couple year it’s been forgotten for the most part. Having a son now it’s almost 3 years since he was born so that went quick too.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Rick wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:02 pm Congrats on a decade dry Jay. Southgate and Kane's robotic post-match interviews must've tested your willpower. Enough to drive a nun to heroin those 2.
Cheers mate

Heroin sounds real fun right about now :lol:
Rick

Post by Rick »

Jay wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:19 pm
Rick wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:02 pm Congrats on a decade dry Jay. Southgate and Kane's robotic post-match interviews must've tested your willpower. Enough to drive a nun to heroin those 2.
Cheers mate

Heroin sounds real fun right about now :lol:
If I ever see that Adidas 'Hey Jude' advert again I'm smacking up. Almost as insufferable as that Gillette ad.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Jay wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:19 pm
Sid wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:46 am

Happy Monday!!!!!
Cheers mate and surprisingly it’s flown by for me after the first couple year it’s been forgotten for the most part. Having a son now it’s almost 3 years since he was born so that went quick too.
Seems like only last year you became a dad. My 2 are grown up but i guess we all do the same, everything revolves around them still. Doesn’t seem long since they were born and now most likely as old if not older than many following Leeds.
It’s good to be alive mate, here’s to another quick fire 10 years for you.
Fev

Post by Fev »

Well done Jay on ten years, I've done 8 weeks now and not really missing it, so I'll just keep plodding along,
Sid

Post by Sid »

My next England manager pick would be Kieran McKenna.