General Football

Rick

Re: General Football

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:20 pm
Rick wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:54 am
Sid wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:50 am Not watched any of the matches, Nice to see us put one over on Koeman though, bit of pay back for the “ do i not like orange game’ cunt him.
How come you've not watched any of it mate?
Just doesn’t interest me these days, shite football / tactics and spoilt millionaires showing no pride. Not watched one minute of it.
Used to go all over with England and Leeds but have no interest these days. In fact only footie i watch is Leeds, and that has dropped down the priority ladder as well since MB left. Just pure and simple shite in general is football. Fallen out of love with it totally.

I’ll still watch Leeds when i can i guess come new season but it’s not something i look forward to in all honesty.
I've not enjoyed it at all. Actually found it depressing contrasting it with the nostalgia I get from Euro 96.

I got a bit of a spark last night mind, mainly from the players reactions, seeing what it means to them. Watkins face when he scored etc.

Do you reckon you'll watch the final?
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:20 pm
Just doesn’t interest me these days, shite football / tactics and spoilt millionaires showing no pride. Not watched one minute of it.
Used to go all over with England and Leeds but have no interest these days. In fact only footie i watch is Leeds, and that has dropped down the priority ladder as well since MB left. Just pure and simple shite in general is football. Fallen out of love with it totally.

I’ll still watch Leeds when i can i guess come new season but it’s not something i look forward to in all honesty.
I've not enjoyed it at all. Actually found it depressing contrasting it with the nostalgia I get from Euro 96.

I got a bit of a spark last night mind, mainly from the players reactions, seeing what it means to them. Watkins face when he scored etc.

Dunno, depends if find something more interesting to do. Can’t see me watching it tbh.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:20 pm

Bin told gotta watch it. Just want to go on record as saying Southgate is pants and we would have won 2 trophies before if he wasn’t such a shit coach. Hank the yank > Southgate.
Sid

Post by Sid »

I rest my case.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:54 pmI rest my case.
Aye same old shite. Got an equaliser and then just sat back and waited to concede. Mental. Very typical of Southgate's England.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Kane was a ponderous passenger - obviously not fit & Rice was for the most part awful.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Was like watching 90s football. Pickford punting it long over and over, so all we could do was camp in our own half hoping to get a break somewhere.

That isn't a tactic. It's what you do if you're Wrexham playing Man City. It's admitting defeat before a ball is kicked.

We looked dangerous when we had to throw caution to the wind. Sadly the game ended when we equalised. We were never going to cross the halfway line from then on, meaning Spain could attack at will. He'll never learn, just re-lives the same script over and over expecting a different outcome (though I'm not even sure he expects a different outcome, he's tactically inept, not insane). A pilot repeatedly going down with his passengers, spurred on because previous pilots couldn't even achieve lift-off.

Lost 2 - 1 to Croatia, 2 - 1 to France, 2 - 1 to Spain. All alarmingly similar. Shits himsen in tight games v decent opposition and just sits back. Did v Italy too, though they didn't find the winner and needed pens, we invited them on like an over-eager whore.

If Southgate remains England manager I'll no longer be watching. He is unequivocally out of his depth. Beating inferior teams and losing regularly on a more level playing field does not constitute proficiency, regardless of how many semis and finals he's reached. It is abject failure dressed up as success. I am yet to see Southgate's England come up against a better team on paper.
Last edited by Rick on Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:55 am, edited 35 times in total.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Anyway, just needed to vent. Back to Leeds United, something actually worth losing my shit over. And if we carry on our shite form into the new season Farke can fuck off. Second season now so no excuses. No patience afforded.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Rick wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:16 pm Was like watching 90s football. Pickford punting it long over and over, so all we could do was camp in our own half hoping to get a break somewhere.

That isn't a tactic. It's what you do if you're Wrexham playing Man City. It's admitting defeat before a ball is kicked.

We looked dangerous when we had to throw caution to the wind. Sadly the game ended when we equalised. We were never going to cross the halfway line from then on, meaning Spain could attack at will. He'll never learn, just re-lives the same script over and over expecting a different outcome (though I'm not even sure he expects a different outcome, he's tactically inept, not insane). A pilot repeatedly going down with his passengers, spurred on because previous pilots couldn't even achieve lift-off.

Lost 2 - 1 to Croatia, 2 - 1 to France, 2 - 1 to Spain. All alarmingly similar. Shits himsen in tight games v decent opposition and just sits back. Did v Italy too, though they didn't find the winner and needed pens, we invited them on like an over-eager whore.

If Southgate remains England manager I'll no longer be watching. He is unequivocally out of his depth. Beating inferior teams and losing regularly on a more level playing field does not constitute proficiency, regardless of how many semis and finals he's reached. It is abject failure dressed up as success. I am yet to see Southgate's England come up against a better team on paper.
Pretty much perfectly sums up my feelings.

I’m so fucked off with football on the whole and I wonder if there’s much point me caring so much about something that just repeatedly kicks me in the dick.

I’m in an abusive relationship with it and best thing to do is dump it. Shame I love the cunt really.

10 years without a drop of alcohol passing my lips today and I’m fucking miserable, got Covid and can’t summon the energy to even smash the house up in anger at this cruel cruel world.

Happy Monday!!!!!
Titman

Post by Titman »

Funny tournament really. Best side won it but I wouldn’t label them great. Don’t think any of the top sides really showed up. Player fatigue maybe?