LUFC Summer Transfer Thread

Rick

Re: LUFC Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Rick »

Jay wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:24 pm Also just to say and I know this’ll be controversial but I reckon Aaronsen kills it in the 10 for us at champs level. There’s a player in there when he stops being such a pussy.

I’m also one of those who believes Gelhardt comes good eventually.
Problem with Aaronson is his end product was as much a problem as his inability to stay on his feet. His pressing, mobility and work rate has always been top drawer and the main reason we bought him iirc. Maybe he'd be useful off the bench on the wing. Iirc his best games for us were on the wing (Chelsea at home comes to mind). He has a bit of pace and can certainly carry the ball.
Last edited by Rick on Thu May 30, 2024 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Not sure bout that one tbh Jay. Too much of a fanny for me.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Linked with Alfie Gilchrist on loan. Young Chelsea CB/RB. Source, Ben Jacobs.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sky Sports Germany claiming we've turned down Prem offers for Gruev and Borussia Dortmund are also keen on him.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Firpo out of contract next summer. Wonder if we’ll try and move him on.
Fev

Post by Fev »

Titman wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:24 am Firpo out of contract next summer. Wonder if we’ll try and move him on.
we can only live and dream
Rick

Post by Rick »

Depends what ya can get for him. If it's very little might aswel keep him. If so, hopefully get a LB with better defensive capabilities and have Firpo as back up. Beyond doubt at this point he offers a lot going forward at this level. One of our better players towards the back end of the season, though that's not saying much. He'll always be 1 second from calamity in defensive situations.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Defensively we know he’s gash. Going forward he’s an asset.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:01 am Defensively we know he’s gash. Going forward he’s an asset.
Someone obviously agrees, him playing on wing for country.

He was dog shit for much of his time so far here, injury prone also but to be fair did play a bit better latter part of season. Fuck him off or back up at best for me. Not keen on him at all.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Sid wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:54 am
Titman wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:01 am Defensively we know he’s gash. Going forward he’s an asset.
Someone obviously agrees, him playing on wing for country.

He was dog shit for much of his time so far here, injury prone also but to be fair did play a bit better latter part of season. Fuck him off or back up at best for me. Not keen on him at all.
Well it’s either someone coughs up 3m+ for him or we let him ride out last year of his contract. Or offer him a new deal which would be on reduced terms.