General Football

Rick

Re: General Football

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:15 pm I know money has been spent but Villa gone from massive disjointed team to European qualification. Say’s a lot about gerrard as a manager, right up there with fat plank ability and skill wise? Decent manager with a plan and voila.
Might be wrong but I think they brought in Emery when we brought in Marsch, and we had a look at Emery but opted for the Yank. Now they're in the Champions league and we're trying to mop up a tsunami of piss.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Speaking of Marsch, he's landed the Canadian National team job.

Very smart from him. Knows he'd only last a year at any club team before being found out, but will probably get a few years minimum at National level.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Small chance they get Bielsas Uruguay in Copa America?
Rick

Post by Rick »

Aye very small. Looking at groups I doubt Canada will reach knockouts, especially with that twat in charge. Argentina, Peru and Chile they've got.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Guardian saying Scum having a good look at McKenna if they pull the plug on Ten Hag.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:21 pm Guardian saying Scum having a good look at McKenna if they pull the plug on Ten Hag.
He’d be mad to go there, obviously money talks but think he’d be better served else where ( plus he might do a good job). Much prefer the idea of southgate if i’m honest.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick

Post by Rick »

Great stuff. Fuck VAR. The odd ref clanger is worth enduring to be able to actually celebrate goals again.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Sadly I don’t think they’ll vote it out
Jay

Post by Jay »

Surely they vote it out. It’s not fit for purpose or even close.