MDT Leeds v Blackburn

Rick

Re: MDT Leeds v Blackburn

Post by Rick »

Tbh it will probably relieve people on here when he's gone so they don't have to read my weekly response to your weekly tactics posts :lol:
Rick

Post by Rick »

Is it just me or does Archie not see much of the ball in midfield? Expected him to be much more involved when moved there, despite his age.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:46 pm
Sid wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:51 pm Have been saying for months, the pedestrian tappy tappy tactics would come back to bite us on the arse. Farke has been sussed and is a bit of a one trick pony imo.
Tappy tappy tactics is what they're all doing mate. Enzo, Martin etc. 10-a-penny "modern" manager shite. What sets Farke apart is his history of winning this league. Mainly through exceptional players and strong mental resolve. Norwich hardly won without Buendia in the team. Like we're hardly winning now our players are bang out of form. There's not much to suss out tactics wise.

Double up on Summerville, crowd the middle to block off Rutter. That's yer sussing pal. They've been doing that throughout our 10 match winning streak to this shit show. The tactics aren't the variable here. Our results haven't nose-dived off a cliff because we've finally been figured out after 40 games.

The only manager in this League who's had an original thought in his life is Kieran McKenna. You might think Farke is not the man but the sad reality is he's probably in the top 3 managers in this League. It's the level we're at.
Totally agree about shit uninspired managers, i’ve been saying all through i don’t rate his idea of football, it’s shite tbh. Yes he’s got us to where we are but i’d say that’s says more about the opposition than us. I’ve said all along with what he has at his disposal, put out playing to their strengths we would batter most teams. He doesn’t do that, insists on tippy tappy bollox when we have speed by the truck load. I wouldn’t be bothered if he moved on end of season that’s for sure. Thanks for everything but time for a change me thinks. And this opinion i’ve held since day one,it’s not just today, he’s a very limited manager as his track record shows. Got Norwich up yes then what? Other clubs dull turgid football that went nowhere. Ah well just back home so beer o’clock.
Rick

Post by Rick »

As long as we can get someone decent I wouldn't be arsed if he left if we don't go up. Slim pickings mind.

If we do go up (Boro done as a favour today like), just a hunch but I don't think he'd last that long anyway. 18 months max.
Fev

Post by Fev »

Loads of times we go down the left even when we're wide open on the right, relying to much on Rutter and Jimmy to work their magic, Archie is being wasted half the time and it just shows how bad we've been last six or so games when Firpo looks half decent