January 2024 Transfer Rumour Thread

Rick

Re: January 2024 Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by Rick »

Titman wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:59 pm
Rick wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:27 pm Wonder if there's awt in these Ben Johnson rumours?
Great race. Remember it like it was yesterday.
Just hope his age doesn't put us off. 62 now but surely still quicker than Piroe.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Rick wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:22 pm
Titman wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:59 pm
Rick wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:27 pm Wonder if there's awt in these Ben Johnson rumours?
Great race. Remember it like it was yesterday.
Just hope his age doesn't put us off. 62 now but surely still quicker than Piroe.
Haha that’s one thing I will never level at a pro footballer again
Titman

Post by Titman »

Nico Williams from Forest reportedly ‘too expensive’ for us. So don’t really get the Ben Davies link.
Links to Giles from Luton seem to be growing.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:06 am Nico Williams from Forest reportedly ‘too expensive’ for us. So don’t really get the Ben Davies link.
Links to Giles from Luton seem to be growing.
Have to wonder what the process is these days. They did well in summer, Farke must know short all over the midfield and defence, unless he’s blind and kidding himself.
We have a big hill to climb, i just wonder if they are thinking just enough to get into play offs and gamble our forwards get us over the line.
Titman

Post by Titman »

I think hands down this is the quietest January window. For everyone. Been something like 9 PL transfers? Still think we get a couple.
Titman

Post by Titman »

And I don’t think we’re swimming in money thanks to Victor and his fucking loan clauses.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Problem will be we can't guarantee game time to any loans and prices rise in the Jan window for permanents so will probably take time getting value for money.

That said, our only 2 LBs are the most injury prone in the league which needs addressing.
If we can get a fullback who can play both wings it will solve a lot. Also frees up Archie to MC if there's injuries there.

Can't see an attacking player coming in unless Gnonto leaves.

I expect a fullback and maybe 1 other coming in near the end of the window, and wouldn't be a surprise if it's someone we haven't been linked with yet.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:01 am Problem will be we can't guarantee game time to any loans and prices rise in the Jan window for permanents so will probably take time getting value for money.

That said, our only 2 LBs are the most injury prone in the league which needs addressing.
If we can get a fullback who can play both wings it will solve a lot. Also frees up Archie to MC if there's injuries there.

Can't see an attacking player coming in unless Gnonto leaves.

I expect a fullback and maybe 1 other coming in near the end of the window, and wouldn't be a surprise if it's someone we haven't been linked with yet.
I just hope who ever (if) we bring in, we have done our homework, no fuckin useless injury prone cabbages like firpo but someone who can progress and can add something to the squad in the future, someone who can progress and be useful if by any miracle we get promoted.
I think we did ok in summer, i’m not convinced it was farkes picks mind, I think who ever was behind the decisions needs to be doing more of the same. And please fuck firpo right off what ever happens, i’d rather play darlow at full back than ever see that cunt in a white shirt again.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:05 pm
I just hope who ever (if) we bring in, we have done our homework, no fuckin useless injury prone cabbages like firpo but someone who can progress and can add something to the squad in the future, someone who can progress and be useful if by any miracle we get promoted.
I think we did ok in summer, i’m not convinced it was farkes picks mind, I think who ever was behind the decisions needs to be doing more of the same. And please fuck firpo right off what ever happens, i’d rather play darlow at full back than ever see that cunt in a white shirt again.
Yep was a decent summer. Ampadu, Kamara and Rodon is about as good as signings get at this level. Gruev also looking excellent in his recent outings. Byram decent though injuries aren't ideal. Bit of a fuck-up with Spence, and I'm not sure £12m on Piroe was wise considering how he's been used. He's now basically an expensive understudy to Bamford, though at least Farke now isn't putting him at 10 when he gets game time.

I assume Farke just gives green light on most signings (though Byram was probably his, and that Aarons we tried to get, ex players etc.). The recruitment guys doing a good job identifying players so far which bodes well for the future. Certainly a better hit rate than that charlatan Orta.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:07 pm
Sid wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:05 pm
Yep was a decent summer. Ampadu, Kamara and Rodon is about as good as signings get at this level. Gruev also looking excellent in his recent outings. Byram decent though injuries aren't ideal. Bit of a fuck-up with Spence, and I'm not sure £12m on Piroe was wise considering how he's been used. He's now basically an expensive understudy to Bamford, though at least Farke now isn't putting him at 10 when he gets game time.

I assume Farke just gives green light on most signings (though Byram was probably his, and that Aarons we tried to get, ex players etc.). The recruitment guys doing a good job identifying players so far which bodes well for the future. Certainly a better hit rate than that charlatan Orta.
100%, just seen on an Irish fan site coopers contract not getting renewed, off end of season. No surprise there, makes it more bizarre Cresswell not getting in squad mind.