MDT Leeds v Birmingham

stoptap

Re: MDT Leeds v Birmingham

Post by stoptap »

Sid wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:46 pm
Rick wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:30 pm
Hampshirewhites wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:07 pm Firpo playing for a transfer hopefully .
Take Willy with him and bring a LB in.
Willy is nowhere near Summerville's level is he. Or James' for that matter. If we can get decent money I'd cash in. Yeah he looked good in the prem for a while, but all he's done for ages now is just do pointless dribbles and pass it backwards at the end. Granted his appearances have been pretty sporadic this season.
How much of that comes from Farke though, Jimmy does similar a lot of the time. Does my head in this turn back, pass back etc.
We had a throw today right down in the corner, throw back, 2/3 passes and its back with keeper again. Fuckin dire tactics, especially when not even any real pressure from the opposition.
Farke’s style. Overly cautious and a major reason he has bombed twice in the Premier League.
Yes today was a good win but Wayne Rooney’s Birmingham City are absolutely dire. Thought the manager had a chance on the hour mark to bring off Kamara, put Spence at right back and try Gray in an advanced midfield role but not a hint of it. Too timid.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Not over cautious at ER. 9 wins, 4 draws, 29 goals.

We are over cautious away though. Or at least it seems that way to me. We don't press as much. Hardly any link between midfield and attack. Tempo drop. Hoping Rutter will improve that now mind, and an actual CF up top. If that doesn't improve matters might aswel hibernate til playoffs.

Not to get too far ahead, but yeah his Prem record is concerning. From what I've read he holds the record for least amount of points accumulated over first 25 games (leading up to being sacked). Shit squad or not, that's pretty bad.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:33 pm Not over cautious at ER. 9 wins, 4 draws, 29 goals.

We are over cautious away though. Or at least it seems that way to me. We don't press as much. Hardly any link between midfield and attack. Tempo drop. Hoping Rutter will improve that now mind, and an actual CF up top. If that doesn't improve matters might aswel hibernate til playoffs.

Not to get too far ahead, but yeah his Prem record is concerning. From what I've read he holds the record for least amount of points accumulated over first 25 games (leading up to being sacked). Shit squad or not, that's pretty bad.
Difference is what? I think still timid as fuck at home, should be doing 6 or 7 not 3 or 4 against some of these teams. Fans difference? Dunno, just see same shit different day home or away.
Sid

Post by Sid »

stoptap wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:28 pm
Sid wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:46 pm
Rick wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:30 pm
Willy is nowhere near Summerville's level is he. Or James' for that matter. If we can get decent money I'd cash in. Yeah he looked good in the prem for a while, but all he's done for ages now is just do pointless dribbles and pass it backwards at the end. Granted his appearances have been pretty sporadic this season.
How much of that comes from Farke though, Jimmy does similar a lot of the time. Does my head in this turn back, pass back etc.
We had a throw today right down in the corner, throw back, 2/3 passes and its back with keeper again. Fuckin dire tactics, especially when not even any real pressure from the opposition.
Farke’s style. Overly cautious and a major reason he has bombed twice in the Premier League.
Yes today was a good win but Wayne Rooney’s Birmingham City are absolutely dire. Thought the manager had a chance on the hour mark to bring off Kamara, put Spence at right back and try Gray in an advanced midfield role but not a hint of it. Too timid.
Oh and Bonjour !
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:20 pm
Rick wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:33 pm Not over cautious at ER. 9 wins, 4 draws, 29 goals.

Difference is what? I think still timid as fuck at home, should be doing 6 or 7 not 3 or 4 against some of these teams. Fans difference? Dunno, just see same shit different day home or away.
For the squad we have I find our home form/performances acceptable and I find our away form/performances unacceptable. Based on any metric you want, wins, goals, chance creation etc. Pretty big disparity. Even on the eye test we don't even look like scoring away at mo. If he fixes it great, if not fuck him.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Shrek gone
Titman

Post by Titman »

Well spank my arse and call me Mary. Didn’t see that one coming :lol:
Yeboahs left foot

Post by Yeboahs left foot »

The passing around isn’t needless. Its making them work and normally try and pull players out of the structure. Brightons way last season was either keep or defender just stood with ball waiting for someone to jump out and they were off.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Yeboahs left foot wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:27 pm The passing around isn’t needless. Its making them work and normally try and pull players out of the structure. Brightons way last season was either keep or defender just stood with ball waiting for someone to jump out and they were off.
But we don’t do that. We are so slow anyone we pull out of position has plenty of time to get back having had a cuppa on the way. It is totally needless and if anything creates defensive problems as we are so slow and shit at doing it.
We have 2 ( even 3) very fast wingers, we just play the ball to them behind them , barely ever to run onto, Why not use the strengths rather than trying to fanny about? We’d pull far more out of position than depending on Copper or Meslier to pull them about.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:37 amShrek gone
Taken them from 6th to 20th

Some boardrooms are incompetent to the point of stupid.