January Transfer Thread

Schwantz34

Re: January Transfer Thread

Post by Schwantz34 »

Rick wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:59 pm
Schwantz34 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:44 pm
Rick wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:35 pm Assuming he's as good as reports suggest, where's he gonna play? Marsch gonna drop Rodrigo for him? With him being so young it's hard to tell what the short term plan is for him, though cant see us spending £28m and putting him on bench for rest of season.

Suppose a lot will depend on him, how he takes to prem football etc.
Striker in a 4-2-3-1 with Rodrigo behind him, Gnonto and Aaronson wide of him possibly.
Yeah makes sense. Rodrigo can't be worse than Aaronson has been at CAM recently and Aaronson looked decent in a wider role at start of the season. And Obvs with this we get to play our sexy new striker and keep Rodrigo's goal threat.

Be interesting when everyone is fit. Sini has to come in somewhere imo. Summerville has been a real threat too. Would be ideal if Sini can return and play behind Rutter, but not sure if he's played there much before.
Won't get the best from Sini playing behind a striker I don't think.

For once there will be a good headache to have picking who plays wide.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Schwantz34 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:11 pm
Striker in a 4-2-3-1 with Rodrigo behind him, Gnonto and Aaronson wide of him possibly.
Yeah makes sense. Rodrigo can't be worse than Aaronson has been at CAM recently and Aaronson looked decent in a wider role at start of the season. And Obvs with this we get to play our sexy new striker and keep Rodrigo's goal threat.

Be interesting when everyone is fit. Sini has to come in somewhere imo. Summerville has been a real threat too. Would be ideal if Sini can return and play behind Rutter, but not sure if he's played there much before.
Won't get the best from Sini playing behind a striker I don't think.

For once there will be a good headache to have picking who plays wide.
Yep, many good options on the wing. That central attacking midfield role needs addressing at some point imo. Needs someone who can put foot on't ball and dictate play. Like Pablo did. Aaronson or Rodrigo can't do that imo. Wonder if Ounahi can fill that void. I know he's mainly played CM but seems to have a lot of flair. Dunno.

Don't even know why I'm banging on about this tbh with that plank in charge :lol:
Last edited by Rick on Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Arsenal in for Raph according to Tancredi Palmeri :cry:
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I know I should be excited by this signing, but I'm just not.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Rick wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:35 pm Assuming he's as good as reports suggest, where's he gonna play? Marsch gonna drop Rodrigo for him? With him being so young it's hard to tell what the short term plan is for him, though cant see us spending £28m and putting him on bench for rest of season.

Suppose a lot will depend on him, how he takes to prem football etc.

Be interesting when everyone is fit. Sini has to come in somewhere imo. Summerville has been a real threat too. Would be ideal if Sini can return and play behind Rutter, but not sure if he's played there much before. Summerville and Gnonto wide.

Bench would look pretty good anorl. Harrison, Aaronson, Rodrigo, Bamford, Ounahi (potentially) etc.
I can't see Rutter being a starter every game.
He's scored 2 in 15 so far this season.
It's going to need bedding in.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Skippy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:45 am I know I should be excited by this signing, but I'm just not.
I'm not either.
He's not going to save us from the drop.
He's one for the future for me.
Lot of money too.
Yeboahs left foot

Post by Yeboahs left foot »

For me Rodrigo needs to play. On course for 20 goals.

Rutter

Gnoto Rodrigo Sini

Roca Adams

Firpo Wober Koch Ayling

Firpo will be better with a talker at side of him and someone who can defend. Firpo strong going forward
fletch

Post by fletch »

Fucking astonishing to me that after how shite Rodrigo has been for 2 years playing as an attcking midfielder, he finally finds some form up top and folk are talking about dropping him back deeper. Lunatics.
Rick

Post by Rick »

fletch wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:24 am Fucking astonishing to me that after how shite Rodrigo has been for 2 years playing as an attcking midfielder, he finally finds some form up top and folk are talking about dropping him back deeper. Lunatics.
Fair comment, though would you prefer him up top or benched? He is shite deeper but he's only frigger scoring and Aaronson doesn't do much there. Just thinking of fitting Rutter in like, though he'll probably have to work his way into team for a little while anyway.
Last edited by Rick on Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Hampshirewhites wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:53 am
Skippy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:45 am I know I should be excited by this signing, but I'm just not.
I'm not either.
He's not going to save us from the drop.
He's one for the future for me.
Lot of money too.
That's what was said about Gnonto, one for the future. I moaned like fuck when we signed him and now he's carrying the team :lol:.. probs take a bit of time to bed in but doubt we'd spend £28m on a player and not expect him to make a substantial contribution to our season with us being so close to bottom 3.