Zebbys Mighty Whites away at the Villa

Titman

Re: Zebbys Mighty Whites away at the Villa

Post by Titman »

Schwantz34 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:54 am
Titman wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:36 pm From twatter

Bakke has summed it up for me, you want to keep playing this system go and buy better defenders don't give out contract extensions to defenders that don't fit! If you aren't going to do that then change the system to give them more protection
I'm not convinced better defenders fixes it either because they're still going to be badly exposed because of the positions they're being asked to be in.

He had better defenders at Leipzig and they couldn't do it and didn't buy in.

If he's going to persist with this, just tweak the damn system like others coming from that RB School of thought have. Glasner, Kovac and Rose for example.
I don’t think he knows how. Not really. He was shown a formula for success based on being flat track bullies. Doesn’t seem to have clicked that it doesn’t work when you’re lower down the food chain.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Rick wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:54 am
Titman wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:48 am Surely, ignoring whatever result against Cardiff, Brentford game is shit or just for him?
Should but probably won't be. They seem to have faith Marsch will turn it around, or more like faith in themselves that they picked the right man. Bit of arrogance involved perhaps.

If we end up in relegation zone I can see them panicking mind and having a rethink.
Marsch hasn’t been on the end of a baying ER yet. The worst happens even Radz and co at their most belligerent won’t ignore it.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Titman wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:30 pm
Schwantz34 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:54 am
Titman wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:36 pm From twatter

Bakke has summed it up for me, you want to keep playing this system go and buy better defenders don't give out contract extensions to defenders that don't fit! If you aren't going to do that then change the system to give them more protection
I'm not convinced better defenders fixes it either because they're still going to be badly exposed because of the positions they're being asked to be in.

He had better defenders at Leipzig and they couldn't do it and didn't buy in.

If he's going to persist with this, just tweak the damn system like others coming from that RB School of thought have. Glasner, Kovac and Rose for example.
I don’t think he knows how. Not really. He was shown a formula for success based on being flat track bullies. Doesn’t seem to have clicked that it doesn’t work when you’re lower down the food chain.
No, I don't think he knows how either but the fact he's not even attempting it will have us bottom 3 before long.

Good bloke. Poor coach.
Batley_white

Post by Batley_white »

We should be taking the lead from Everton fans - Their board aren't attending today because of a real and credible threat to their safety
Yeboahs left foot

Post by Yeboahs left foot »

Schwantz34 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:24 am
Yeboahs left foot wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:48 am
Schwantz34 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:35 am
I still don't think they're even considering sacking him.
Ruin my saturday why don’t you. Annoys me that Bielsa, after all he had done for us, the club the city and everything was sacked after a better run of results with half a team and against all the top six. Jesse shouldn’t be afforded this time as he has no right.
Not disagreeing with you.

Just don't see them pulling the trigger for a while yet, if at all. Maybe Hay's scathing article this morning will ramp up the pressure.
A know mate, just being lighthearted :-)
pete_lufc

Post by pete_lufc »

Batley_white wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:27 pm We should be taking the lead from Everton fans - Their board aren't attending today because of a real and credible threat to their safety
That's the problem with out fan base, some are far too happy to stick their head in the sand. Happy with coming 17th every season, "get behind the team! You lot have short memories" etc. Like it's a crime to want to do better.
Luca

Post by Luca »

Titman wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:48 pm
Rick wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:54 am
Titman wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:48 am Surely, ignoring whatever result against Cardiff, Brentford game is shit or just for him?
Should but probably won't be. They seem to have faith Marsch will turn it around, or more like faith in themselves that they picked the right man. Bit of arrogance involved perhaps.

If we end up in relegation zone I can see them panicking mind and having a rethink.
Marsch hasn’t been on the end of a baying ER yet. The worst happens even Radz and co at their most belligerent won’t ignore it.
Dunno, think he done well to survive Fulham
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Marsch running out of luck and time.
https://theathletic.com/4087847/2023/01 ... -pressure/
number8shirt

Post by number8shirt »

What’s PH saying? Time to get fucked?
Titman

Post by Titman »

number8shirt wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:51 pm What’s PH saying? Time to get fucked?
He’s got the same tone that he had when doubts were creeping in over us being in trouble last season.