Zebbys Leeds United General discussion

Schwantz34

Re: Zebbys Leeds United General discussion

Post by Schwantz34 »

Titman wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:47 pm Gnonto & Sinisterra back in the fold. Mirroring the stance Farke took with Buendia & Cantwell
Worked out very well for all parties back then.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Piroe with Sinbad, Gnonto, Summerville, James and a new number 10 (hopefully) supplying him. Butter my arse.
Last edited by Rick on Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Schwantz34 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:54 pm
Titman wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:47 pm Gnonto & Sinisterra back in the fold. Mirroring the stance Farke took with Buendia & Cantwell
Worked out very well for all parties back then.
Hopefully the same here.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Kinnear interview dropped on TSB podcast & YouTube.
1hr 3/4 long. I’ll give it a listen tomorrow.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Just watched it. Could only stomach first half. Angus says Bielsa told the board the squad needed a complete overhaul that summer, though we didn't have the resources to agree to it. If Bielsa wanted a squad overhaul why was the board pushing propaganda that Bielsa "didn't want any players" ?

He goes on to say Bielsa wanted the squad replaced with £50m players. I'm calling bullshit on that. What constitutes a squad overhaul, 10 players or summat? As if Bielsa expected us to spend half a billion that summer :lol:

Also his reasoning for percieving Marsch to be a continuation of Bielsa seems really ill-considered. Basically fitness and pressing. Like me replacing my car with a computer mouse because it also contains a wheel and a red light.

Radz didn't have the resources to compete in the Prem, yet didn't target consolidation and wanted a fast track to Europe so wanted players and a manager that massively outperformed their cost.

Basically seems he gave Orta full licence to search for bargains so we could punch above our budget. That was the top n bottom of the strategy. Hence why we ended up with a load of dross from around Europe (including Marsch).

Anyway, hopefully someone else on here can stomach the whole podcast and give a more comprehensive overview. I just don't trust a word this twat says.
Last edited by Rick on Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
number8shirt

Post by number8shirt »

Time he was fucked off as well.
Rick

Post by Rick »

number8shirt wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:10 pm Time he was fucked off as well.
He's just a master of deception mate. Defending his ex-employer as much as possible considering the failures (so he'll look loyal to potential future employers) whilst skillfully throwing Bielsa under the bus with a new set of nonsense and trying to disguise it by calling him a genuis in the next breath.

That's what it seems like to me anyway, though I am biased against him. Can't be doing with him. I'd certainly be no good on jury duty if he was in the dock.
Titman

Post by Titman »

20 mins in & Marsch is coming out of this as pissed.
number8shirt

Post by number8shirt »

Rick wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:16 pm
number8shirt wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:10 pm Time he was fucked off as well.
He's just a master of deception mate. Defending his ex-employer as much as possible considering the failures (so he'll look loyal to potential future employers) whilst skillfully throwing Bielsa under the bus with a new set of nonsense and trying to disguise it by calling him a genuis in the next breath.

That's what it seems like to me anyway, though I am biased against him. Can't be doing with him. I'd certainly be no good on jury duty if he was in the dock.
I'd agree with you. Always found him unlikable, even in better times. Self serving mercenary looking after number one.

Guilty m'lud!!! ;)
Titman

Post by Titman »

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him canned off once the 49ers have their ‘forensic’ report