Summer '23 LUFC Transfer thread

Rick

Re: Summer '23 LUFC Transfer thread

Post by Rick »

Leedsfromsouth wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:45 am Taylor should be the left back surely…
I think we'll go younger. Looking at that line up at weekend they were all 24 or younger apart from 1 or 2.

We seem to be building a team that's not only good enough to get out of this league, but can grow together into a Prem outfit over the years. Max Aarons is 23 I think. I reckon we'll have a few others on the list of a similar age.

Though Taylor is a top drawer LB at this level and would improve us massively.
Last edited by Rick on Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Was listening to the BBC Radio leeds post match yesterday. They suggested a good answer would be to just sign a RB and push everyone to the left. So Ayling would go into CB and Struijk into LB.

It baffles me that people who follow the club in a professional capacity can be so violently out of tune with fans. Embarrassing. They also said its not just our starting attackers that are too good for this league, we also have the pace and directness of Sam Greenwood to bring on from the bench.

I had to turn it off at that point.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I mean does anyone on here think Struijk at LB and Ayling at CB is a good idea? Or that Greenwood is blessed with pace?

Buchan and Newsome talking complete shite. I wouldn’t be arsed but they're getting paid for this and my 7 Yr old nephew talks more sense about Leeds United.

No wonder everyone just flocks to content creators on youtube.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Romano;

Leeds United have submitted official bid for Glen Kamara. Negotiations now at the final stages with Rangers ⚪️🇫🇮 #LUFC

Deal expected to be completed next week, player has already accepted.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Rick wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:42 am I mean does anyone on here think Struijk at LB and Ayling at CB is a good idea? Or that Greenwood is blessed with pace?

Buchan and Newsome talking complete shite. I wouldn’t be arsed but they're getting paid for this and my 7 Yr old nephew talks more sense about Leeds United.

No wonder everyone just flocks to content creators on youtube.
Struijk looks good atCB why ruin it ffs.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Hampshirewhites wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:44 am
Christ knows.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:50 am
Christ knows.
You would think the experiences of previous games with Struijk at LB and Ayling in middle would tell anyone with an ounce of football knowledge that it certainly isn’t the thing to be doing. Covid Karen levels of bollox.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:10 am
Rick wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:50 am
Christ knows.
You would think the experiences of previous games with Struijk at LB and Ayling in middle would tell anyone with an ounce of football knowledge that it certainly isn’t the thing to be doing. Covid Karen levels of bollox.
:lol: exactly Sid.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Schwantz34 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:28 am Romano;

Leeds United have submitted official bid for Glen Kamara. Negotiations now at the final stages with Rangers ⚪️🇫🇮 #LUFC

Wonder if Forest wanting 10m (rather than loan) for O’Brien has pushed us with this one. Don’t see us getting both.
I’d spaff in tighty whiteys if we did though :lol:
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Titman wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:33 pm
Schwantz34 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:28 am Romano;

Wonder if Forest wanting 10m (rather than loan) for O’Brien has pushed us with this one. Don’t see us getting both.
I’d spaff in tighty whiteys if we did though :lol:
I think Kamara will be cheap so you never know.