Summer '23 LUFC Transfer thread

Sid

Re: Summer '23 LUFC Transfer thread

Post by Sid »

I’ve said quite a few times i don’t think yanks get british football and that this lot are just in it for the money ( which they don’t make a secret of).
Given their investment set up and apparent requirement for us to be top end prem to make their projected investment goals ( billion or what ever it’s supposed to be) WT actual fuck are they playing at? How can a supposedly hyper professional investment set up not be aware of contracts and the contents of for their main assets? How can they have been sat in the board room for at least 18 months if not longer and not be aware of what was going on? Has Radz fiddled the DD docs ? Is it another fraud ? ( something he may have form for) or is it down to negligence on their part? All seems very odd. Going to be very interesting seeing how this shit show pans out, Farke seems to be aware of how deep the shit is, wonder what the great plan is? Wonder if he was fully aware and just saying the right things for the moment. Wonder if he’ll walk? Last big bit that puzzles me is how we still have the same CEO in situe, Nothing seems to make any sense.

Any body got any better theory of the situation?
Batley_white

Post by Batley_white »

Sid wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:40 pm I’ve said quite a few times i don’t think yanks get british football and that this lot are just in it for the money ( which they don’t make a secret of).
Given their investment set up and apparent requirement for us to be top end prem to make their projected investment goals ( billion or what ever it’s supposed to be) WT actual fuck are they playing at? How can a supposedly hyper professional investment set up not be aware of contracts and the contents of for their main assets? How can they have been sat in the board room for at least 18 months if not longer and not be aware of what was going on? Has Radz fiddled the DD docs ? Is it another fraud ? ( something he may have form for) or is it down to negligence on their part? All seems very odd. Going to be very interesting seeing how this shit show pans out, Farke seems to be aware of how deep the shit is, wonder what the great plan is? Wonder if he was fully aware and just saying the right things for the moment. Wonder if he’ll walk? Last big bit that puzzles me is how we still have the same CEO in situe, Nothing seems to make any sense.

Minority shareholders don't get to call the shots on what goes in the contracts and Radz was delusional - I have zero doubt they know the club has been mismanaged and are trying to put it right. Even if they are just in it for the money it is in their best interests to do so
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Hopefully this striker we're in for is a good one and in this week.

That would at least lift some gloom.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Batley_white wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:55 pm
Sid wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:40 pm I’ve said quite a few times i don’t think yanks get british football and that this lot are just in it for the money ( which they don’t make a secret of).

Minority shareholders don't get to call the shots on what goes in the contracts and Radz was delusional - I have zero doubt they know the club has been mismanaged and are trying to put it right. Even if they are just in it for the money it is in their best interests to do so

Not saying they called shots but they must have been aware of shit contracts, the terms of which should have come to light during DD surely? They should have made provision for this in the purchase ? All seems odd to me
Batley_white

Post by Batley_white »

Sid wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:13 pm

Not saying they called shots but they must have been aware of shit contracts, the terms of which should have come to light during DD surely? They should have made provision for this in the purchase ? All seems odd to me
How though? They can't force them to stay and can't even be sure if they will want to leave can they.

Then you have ffp etc to contend with
Sid

Post by Sid »

Batley_white wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:01 pm
Sid wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:13 pm

How though? They can't force them to stay and can't even be sure if they will want to leave can they.

Then you have ffp etc to contend with
Not saying that, i’m saying odd they hadn’t ( or don’t appear) to have been aware of the contents of the contracts and the financial implications of what the clauses meant for them. Something just doesn’t add up. Either they have been hoodwinked or they were negligent in their DD, not to mention their time in the boardroom. Something ain’t right imo.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Mirror reporting that Gnonto will continue his stance. Him & agent convinced we’ll lower our asking price.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:26 pm Mirror reporting that Gnonto will continue his stance. Him & agent convinced we’ll lower our asking price.
Fuck the little Gladstone Small wannabe.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Titman wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:26 pm Mirror reporting that Gnonto will continue his stance. Him & agent convinced we’ll lower our asking price.
I hope we don't given what other teams are getting for their young talents.

£25m is a snip compared to what Lavia and others are going for. Stand firm and if he doesn't like it then tough shit. Keep him away from the group until he grows up a bit and apologises to Farke.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Guess we’ll find out how determined the 49ers are.