At The Movies

stoptap

Re: At The Movies

Post by stoptap »

Fev wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:07 am Watched "Air" enjoyed it
Have you watched Pinball: The Man Who Saved The Game ?

It’s a true story. Decent film.
Fev

Post by Fev »

stoptap wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:32 pm
Fev wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:07 am Watched "Air" enjoyed it
Have you watched Pinball: The Man Who Saved The Game ?

It’s a true story. Decent film.
Nope, I shall dig it out on your recommendation
Titman

Post by Titman »

Sisu
Rick

Post by Rick »

Talk to Me.

New Australian horror film. Love horror films but nothing has freaked me out in years, til I saw this. Watched a dodgy stream in the dark on my own. My eyes were wondering around the room a fair bit, checking my surroundings as I was watching. Creepy film.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Currently downing a bottle of Jura 14yr Rye Cask (recommended) and watching Jaws. Classic. Shaw & Dreyfuss are superb.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Titman wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:52 pm Currently downing a bottle of Jura 14yr Rye Cask (recommended) and watching Jaws. Classic. Shaw & Dreyfuss are superb.
My favourite film of all time. I watch it once a year. Best adventure film I've seen, best thriller I've seen and best suspense, all in one. Great script lifted by sublime chemistry and performances by the 3 main actors.

People take piss out of the way the shark looks but that thing looks terrifying to me. Hideously evil looking thing.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Rick wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:29 pm
Titman wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:52 pm Currently downing a bottle of Jura 14yr Rye Cask (recommended) and watching Jaws. Classic. Shaw & Dreyfuss are superb.
My favourite film of all time. I watch it once a year. Best adventure film I've seen, best thriller I've seen and best suspense, all in one. Great script lifted by sublime chemistry and performances by the 3 main actors.

People take piss out of the way the shark looks but that thing looks terrifying to me. Hideously evil looking thing.
The documentary of the making is as brilliant as the film
Rick

Post by Rick »

Titman wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:45 pm

Aye very true, stuff like how the shark breaking down made the film better. Had to show the shark less and turn it into a full-on suspense job, use music and barrels to indicte the sharks presence and other clever stuff like the jetty scene where the jetty is chasing the guy as shark is attached.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Titman wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:45 pm

Not seen that.

Will have to look out for it.
Rick

Post by Rick »

The documentary is on youtube