Summer '23 LUFC Transfer thread

Schwantz34

Re: Summer '23 LUFC Transfer thread

Post by Schwantz34 »

Batley_white wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:05 pm I’m not worried about where things stand at the minute, I’m sure they are working away behind the scenes to get players in.

The 49ers haven’t just shelled out a load of cash to make do with what we have, they will get things moving
Nah we're off to League 1. WACCOE have decided.

I'm not worried either. This league is awful and we still have quality in the squad. We could do with additions of course but who we have as it stands with a Manager that knows what he's doing is a head start on most sides.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Schwantz34 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:23 pm
Batley_white wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:05 pm I’m not worried about where things stand at the minute, I’m sure they are working away behind the scenes to get players in.

The 49ers haven’t just shelled out a load of cash to make do with what we have, they will get things moving

I'm not worried either. This league is awful and we still have quality in the squad. We could do with additions of course but who we have as it stands with a Manager that knows what he's doing is a head start on most sides.
If we manage to haggle Swans down to an acceptable price for Piroe, then bring in a few good loan players (keeping on the safe side of FFP in the process), I'd fancy us to piss this league. As it stands we're in the top 3 in terms of squad quality.

Someone online posted the Sheff Utd most common starting 11 from last season. Absolute dog shit, but got promoted.
Rick

Post by Rick »

What we can really do without though is one of the shit bastards having a confidence crisis but yet having to start every week due to lack of options. Basically Paddy, Meslier or Struijk.

If they all end up having great seasons then fair play to them, but having a nervous wreck in goal, centre back or up front can really hold you back.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Rick wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:38 pm

If we manage to haggle Swans down to an acceptable price for Piroe, then bring in a few good loan players (keeping on the safe side of FFP in the process), I'd fancy us to piss this league. As it stands we're in the top 3 in terms of squad quality.

Someone online posted the Sheff Utd most common starting 11 from last season. Absolute dog shit, but got promoted.
Depends what system we use of the two Farke likes. One where he had the left back tucking in to form a 3 when we attack seems to suit what we currently have. The two wingbacks flying forward system wouldn't currently work.

We do need a few more bodies in and I think we will get them but it's far from the desperate state many (not here) are saying it is.

Most of it is because the 49ER enterprises run a tight ship and don't leak a lot, so that has somehow become a state of panic among some fans and visions of nothing happening on the transfer front despite Hay/Smyth and others frequently saying they're working on deals with Farke heavily involved.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

I think you and I have the same view of WACCOE.
A lot of WUMs, if not, got knows how they cope in the real world.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Aye Schwantz, things seem quietly confident behind the scenes. No reason to panic. A signing this week would be nice. Got a feeling we will anorl.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Hampshirewhites wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:36 pm

1842 pages in their transfer thread and most of it is pissing and moaning and over the top toys out of the pram stuff.

The decent posters always get swallowed up by the sea of shite over there.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

West Ham stuck a bid in for Ward-Prowse tonight.

Weakens them if he leaves.
DAMO

Post by DAMO »

Schwantz34 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:35 pm
Hampshirewhites wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:36 pm

1842 pages in their transfer thread and most of it is pissing and moaning and over the top toys out of the pram stuff.

The decent posters always get swallowed up by the sea of shite over there.
Plus pages and pages of puns that are about as funny as aids. Painful and bizzare reading. The Championship is far far weaker than when we were last in it.