Summer '23 LUFC Transfer thread

Titman

Re: Summer '23 LUFC Transfer thread

Post by Titman »

Reported that loan fee for Llorente is €1/1.5m. Option to buy at end for around €8m but I remain highly sceptical that Roma will actually complete on that.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Mail reporting that Fulham have approached us about taking Aaronson on loan. Saying he’s yet another with this clause in his contract….

If correct that’ll be close to £100m worth of signings leaving on the cheap/loan.

Proper done a number on us :evil:
Titman

Post by Titman »

And if it is right, how many more have this fucking clause in their contracts?
Yeboahs left foot

Post by Yeboahs left foot »

Personally think the loan clause is a load of bollocks that someone made up for Koch, it ran wild and now they are just chucking it in everytime because it gets clicks.
nzstevo

Post by nzstevo »

And if all these loanees get badly injured in their first game they'll get sent back to parent club who have to pick up the wages again .....
Titman

Post by Titman »

Yeboahs left foot wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:12 pm Personally think the loan clause is a load of bollocks that someone made up for Koch, it ran wild and now they are just chucking it in everytime because it gets clicks.
Bloody hope so mate. The ramifications otherwise are almost unthinkable in terms of budget.
I think the fact we’re just hearing nothing from the club regarding anything positive isn’t helping. It’s just a vacuum at the moment.
Although in the long term I prefer that to some twat welcoming a signing who won’t even get off a plane.
Just need something positive for us. Hopefully tomorrow.
Yeboahs left foot

Titman wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:26 pm
Yeboahs left foot wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:12 pm Personally think the loan clause is a load of bollocks that someone made up for Koch, it ran wild and now they are just chucking it in everytime because it gets clicks.
Bloody hope so mate. The ramifications otherwise are almost unthinkable in terms of budget.
I think the fact we’re just hearing nothing from the club regarding anything positive isn’t helping. It’s just a vacuum at the moment.
Although in the long term I prefer that to some twat welcoming a signing who won’t even get off a plane.
Just need something positive for us. Hopefully tomorrow.
We keep hearing the 49ers aren’t thick. As part of their due diligence they will have looked at the contracts and what they were liable for. No way they pay what they did if everyone contracted can leave on loan or free.
Batley_white

Post by Batley_white »

I don't give a fuck if they leave on loan, permanent or a free tbh - if they are begging to be out it shows us they don't have the fight to be here anyway (hardly a surprise with most of them mind).

Let them go play the kids sign a few experienced heads that want to fight and get the best support in the football league behind them.
Yeboahs left foot

Batley_white wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:36 pm I don't give a fuck if they leave on loan, permanent or a free tbh - if they are begging to be out it shows us they don't have the fight to be here anyway (hardly a surprise with most of them mind).

Let them go play the kids sign a few experienced heads that want to fight and get the best support in the football league behind them.
The ones I mentioned showed some knackers and hopefully they will want to stay. Rest can fuck off.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Llorente one has been in the offing for a while. Hopefully the Rasmus one is just because the new manager doesn’t want him.
Like YLF said; this clause thing might be bollocks. Hope it is. Surely we wouldn’t have been so naive.