Zebbys Leeds United General discussion

Batley_white

Re: Zebbys Leeds United General discussion

Post by Batley_white »

Rick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:25 pm Have any players come out and said anything? Haven't seen anything on twitter.

Feels odd. Relegated, yet other than a generic unsigned statement from the club it's like nothing has happened.

Does our captain give a fuck? Couldn't shut him up when we were promoted. All of the old guard for that matter. Leeds United meant everything to them back then. Now.....crickets.

Dunno, I just expected more in terms of reaction from certain players.
Only one I have seen is Robles on twitter

https://twitter.com/joelroblesb/status/ ... TTtYQzJmbg
Rick

Post by Rick »

Batley_white wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:36 pm

Only one I have seen is Robles on twitter

https://twitter.com/joelroblesb/status/ ... TTtYQzJmbg
Cheers. Seems a sound guy him. Has all his ex clubs listed on his twitter page. Clearly respects them all and takes pride in once playing for them.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Rick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:25 pm Have any players come out and said anything? Haven't seen anything on twitter.

Feels odd. Relegated, yet other than a generic unsigned statement from the club it's like nothing has happened.

Does our captain give a fuck? Couldn't shut him up when we were promoted. All of the old guard for that matter. Leeds United meant everything to them back then. Now.....crickets.

Dunno, I just expected more in terms of reaction from certain players.
Cooper
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/65742881
Rick

Post by Rick »

Cheers hamp. Said all the right things but I expected a little more than the post match interviews. Maybe a message directly to fans or summat. Dunno.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Rick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:39 pm Cheers hamp. Said all the right things but I expected a little more than the post match interviews. Maybe a message directly to fans or summat. Dunno.
The radio silence is absolutely shocking.

Where's the defiance and positivity that we're going all out assault on the Championship to get back up?
Rick

Post by Rick »

Schwantz34 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:46 pm
Rick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:39 pm Cheers hamp. Said all the right things but I expected a little more than the post match interviews. Maybe a message directly to fans or summat. Dunno.

Where's the defiance and positivity that we're going all out assault on the Championship to get back up?
Aye. Seems like there is just uncertainty everywhere rather than unity/defiance. Nobody knows what to say or where they stand. Rudderless from top to bottom.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Rick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:31 pm
Schwantz34 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:46 pm

Aye. Seems like there is just uncertainty everywhere rather than unity/defiance. Nobody knows what to say or where they stand. Rudderless from top to bottom.
Meanwhile Southampton have their new Manager and Head of Recruitment plus a Director of Performance in already.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Schwantz34 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:37 pm
Meanwhile Southampton have their new Manager and Head of Recruitment plus a Director of Performance in already.
And their players will probably be told exactly where they stand/fit in to the plan before they go on their hols. They'll come back clear-headed and eager.

Our players will just be glad to escape for a few weeks. Probably won't even know if they're coming back.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Rick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:44 pm
Schwantz34 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:37 pm
And their players will probably be told exactly where they stand/fit in to the plan before they go on their hols. They'll come back clear-headed and eager.

Our players will just be glad to escape for a few weeks. Probably won't even know if they're coming back.
Becoming disenchanted with it all. We're back to being a mess again.

Hope to have my positivity back come August.
Titman

Post by Titman »

If Aaronson goes we should be doing our utmost to get Carvalho from Liverpool on loan.