MDT: Leeds v Spurs

Rick

Re: MDT: Leeds v Spurs

Post by Rick »

Dunno, I don't trust Radz's judgement. I'd sooner roll the dice again. He's clueless. "Impossible we go down". 78 goals conceded.........

Fans told him to fuck Orta off ages ago. He didn't listen. Shouldn't even have needed telling, a sane owner fucks Orta off yonks ago.
Last edited by Rick on Sun May 28, 2023 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I don't think anybody likes their owners though.

Look at Aston Villa. They hated theirs, then they appoint Emery and everything's right in the world.

And look at the run we had with owners before AR.

Dunno.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Skippy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:23 pm Personally I don't care if AR stays. It all just comes down to making good appointments at DoF and Manager.

He's shown he's willing to put the money in, unfortunately he just put too much faith in a guy that turned out to be a fucking fraud in Orta.

If he stays but appoints someone with a bit of nous, I think it could be a better the devil you know scenario.

I'd rather not be owned by fucking yanks.
Based on the many bad decisions since he's been in control, I don't trust him to get it right.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Rick wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:49 pm
Schwantz34 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:37 pm
Ownership plain and simple.

Aside from getting lucky with Bielsa and us going up, it's been a disaster otherwise. A string of bad decisions and another will be made when Radz stays and hands the job to Allardyce.
Makes you wonder where we'd be if Bielsa had turned us down. Before that things were only going south. Orta trying to find young talent on a budget. A few more seasons of buying Jay Roy Grots would've relegated us to league one imo.
Scary isn't it.

Literally fluked their way out of the downward spiral.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Skippy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:38 pm I don't think anybody likes their owners though.

Look at Aston Villa. They hated theirs, then they appoint Emery and everything's right in the world.

And look at the run we had with owners before AR.

Dunno.
We're among the worst 2 or 3 run clubs in the league.

Most owners probably are disliked, but in terms of performance ours is bottom of the pile.

Villa owners won't be stupid enough to do to Emery what we did to Bielsa. They'll try make hay while the sun shines. Not force shit players on him and blame him for being in a relegation scrap after leaving him with an injury riddled, stagnating squad.

Villa owners probably are clueless, and struck gold as we did, but they won't needlessly sabotage their own good fortune. That's another level of incompetence.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Our plan has been to develop young wingers/attackers cos they have a high sell-on price. All whilst ignoring what the team actually needs. If that wasnt insane enough, wait for it, we hire a manager who doesn't use wingers.

No other owners would do that or allow their DOF to do that. The antithesis of logic. I'm actually laughing typing this shit. Then, when we need a new striker or defender whilst staring relegation in the face, we break our transfer record on another young attacking midfielder.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Rick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:16 am Our plan has been to develop young wingers/attackers cos they have a high sell-on price. All whilst ignoring what the team actually needs. If that wasnt insane enough, wait for it, we hire a manager who doesn't use wingers.

No other owners would do that or allow their DOF to do that. The antithesis of logic. I'm actually laughing typing this shit. Then, when we need a new striker or defender whilst staring relegation in the face, we break our transfer record on another young attacking midfielder.
When we could have signed an in form young striker for far less, with that sell on value they covet so much and stayed up.

Infuriating.
LimerickWhite

Post by LimerickWhite »

Rick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:16 am Our plan has been to develop young wingers/attackers cos they have a high sell-on price. All whilst ignoring what the team actually needs. If that wasnt insane enough, wait for it, we hire a manager who doesn't use wingers.

What makes it worse is majority of the young lads are shit and worth very little or fuck all. Even the ones people talk about like Summerville is shite he'll be back in Holland plodding along in some mid table team in no time.
Rick

Post by Rick »

LimerickWhite wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:40 am

What makes it worse is majority of the young lads are shit and worth very little or fuck all. Even the ones people talk about like Summerville is shite he'll be back in Holland plodding along in some mid table team in no time.
Orta was here for 6 years, focused on creating a consistent pool of young players to develop through the youth set-up and go on to impact the first team.
Who has actually broken through that has strengthened the first 11 in that time? They've all been fringe players (apart from Meslier but he was a liability, Gnonto but he was more of a first team signing). None have established themselves as regular starters and most have looked completely out of their depth.

The last time such an effort was made to develop the youth set-up it yielded Woodgate, Smith, Kewell et al.

Even Byram, Cook and Taylor are much better than what Orta's efforts have yielded, and back then much less emphasis was put on the youth set-up. Christ they'd even walk into our first team.
Last edited by Rick on Mon May 29, 2023 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

This is what I mean, though... I put almost all of it at Ortas feet.

Radz comes off as a dick, but most rich owners are, aren't they?

I actually think if he's learnt his lesson with Orta and goes down a different avenue this time and appoints someone a bit more normal, ie. not a fucking sticker collector - I'd give him another chance.

That fucking logo, though. That wasn't Orta, I guess.

And even the centenary jersey.... what a piece of shit that was