MDT: Leeds v Spurs

Rick

Re: MDT: Leeds v Spurs

Post by Rick »

All the talk on fragility, professional suicide etc....I think the main problem is we're just shit.

If I had played in the match today I'd have fucked up, not cos I'm fragile or committing professional suicide, I simply just don't belong there.

The likes of Rasmus, Struijk, Ayling, Cooper etc. playing in the Prem is absurd. We can't defend.
Last edited by Rick on Sun May 28, 2023 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Big Sam clearly wants the job. The longer the obscurity continues behind the scenes the greater the chance he'll get it. A point will come it's too late to piss about any longer. I hope to fuck I'm wrong. Seems a sound guy but cba with that.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I decided I wasn't going to watch it live so if it went to pot I could skip forward.

I watched it until Leicester scored, then I started skipping.

I'm trying to be Zen about it but problem is everyone knows I'm a Leeds fan, because obviously it's not that common where I live, so every cunt asks me about it.
And then every now and then someone will know a little more of the background and will mention Bielsa, then I just start going off on a rant and end up filled with rage.

What we had with Bielsa is so rare in sport, but we had it, and we fucked it up.

We weren't just winning, we were the talk of world football.

It's is kinda exciting to see what happens next, and as unlikely as it seems know, there is obviously a chance that they will get it right and make a smart appointment and sign some good players.

You live in hope.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Yeah Skip it was really special. And not in the way that you only realise after when looking back, it actually felt special at the time, so unique. Never wanted it to end though of course I knew it would at some point due to his age, so was always mentally preparing for the end. But what I didn't expect was our owner to cut it short through pure negligence, arrogance and stupidity. All he had to do was back him. So mind-numbingly straight forward. It was on a plate for him.

My neice was at McDonald's opposite ground watching match today, crying. She's only 16. She just wanted to say bye to the players who may be leaving. (Though stewards wouldn't let fans near player's carpark today, so she couldnt). Poor lass is gutted we're down.

Italian Cunt
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I think the only time I've ever really blubbered and cried over sport is when I watched those 2 episodes from season two of Take us Home.

I waited until my wife and kids were asleep and chucked it on, and at the end when there's the wide shot of the ground and the fans and its playing that song.... I really blubbered. Enough to wake up my wife and for her to come out and check if everything was okay.
We both just laughed, but that was such a special day, after all those years of frustration and shit.
Everything was perfect and that doco captured it perfectly.

You just can't fathom how it's got from that to where we are now in 3 seasons.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Man that summer. Fans showing up to Bielsa's house as crowds gather at ER. Kalvin coming our for a sing song. Bielsa appearing with players chanting his name. Thousands shit-faced at millennium Square.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Skippy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:25 pm I think the only time I've ever really blubbered and cried over sport is when I watched those 2 episodes from season two of Take us Home.

I waited until my wife and kids were asleep and chucked it on, and at the end when there's the wide shot of the ground and the fans and its playing that song.... I really blubbered. Enough to wake up my wife and for her to come out and check if everything was okay.
We both just laughed, but that was such a special day, after all those years of frustration and shit.

Ownership plain and simple.

Aside from getting lucky with Bielsa and us going up, it's been a disaster otherwise. A string of bad decisions and another will be made when Radz stays and hands the job to Allardyce.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Schwantz34 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:37 pm

Aside from getting lucky with Bielsa and us going up, it's been a disaster otherwise. A string of bad decisions and another will be made when Radz stays and hands the job to Allardyce.
Makes you wonder where we'd be if Bielsa had turned us down. Before that things were only going south. Orta trying to find young talent on a budget. A few more seasons of buying Jay Roy Grots would've relegated us to league one imo.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Schwantz34 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:37 pm
Skippy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:25 pm I think the only time I've ever really blubbered and cried over sport is when I watched those 2 episodes from season two of Take us Home.

And that is a definite possibility. Easy option & the only number Kinnear had in his phone.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Personally I don't care if AR stays. It all just comes down to making good appointments at DoF and Manager.

He's shown he's willing to put the money in, unfortunately he just put too much faith in a guy that turned out to be a fucking fraud in Orta.

If he stays but appoints someone with a bit of nous, I think it could be a better the devil you know scenario.

I'd rather not be owned by fucking yanks.