General Football

Rick

Re: General Football

Post by Rick »

Fucking Forest winning.
Batley_white

Post by Batley_white »

Looking like it's 2 from 3 of Us, Everton and Leicester isn't it, gonna be an escape of Steve McQueen proportions if Big Sam pulls it off
Titman

Post by Titman »

I’m honestly at the point where I look at the squad, how imbalanced, the number of average players littered, the ones who are past their sell by date and seriously thinking going down could be a blessing? The midfield in its entirety (bar Adams) is shocking. Left back (still) required. #9 still required. Right back possibly (probably) required. The rebuild job if staying in the PL is daunting. Granted there’s no given that bouncing straight back up would happen.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Chelsea turned it round
Rick

Post by Rick »

Ugh
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Titman wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:55 pm I’m honestly at the point where I look at the squad, how imbalanced, the number of average players littered, the ones who are past their sell by date and seriously thinking going down could be a blessing? The midfield in its entirety (bar Adams) is shocking. Left back (still) required. #9 still required. Right back possibly (probably) required. The rebuild job if staying in the PL is daunting. Granted there’s no given that bouncing straight back up would happen.
We won't build a Premier League squad if we go down though. Then we'd have to add even more players once we get back up. I'd rather stay up and build from here.

Still don't see us doing it though.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Schwantz34 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:25 pm
Titman wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:55 pm I’m honestly at the point where I look at the squad, how imbalanced, the number of average players littered, the ones who are past their sell by date and seriously thinking going down could be a blessing? The midfield in its entirety (bar Adams) is shocking. Left back (still) required. #9 still required. Right back possibly (probably) required. The rebuild job if staying in the PL is daunting. Granted there’s no given that bouncing straight back up would happen.
We won't build a Premier League squad if we go down though. Then we'd have to add even more players once we get back up. I'd rather stay up and build from here.

Not impossible but we'd have to hope the youngsters have very high ceilings, Drameh, Gray, Cresswell, Joffy, Gyabi etc. to rebuild anything that resembles a Prem squad whilst in the Champ. Obvs no guarantee.

Unless we get someone very good in charge of recruitment but I wouldn't hold my breath if its Radz still in charge.

A lot would depend on who stays too. Likes of Harrison, Gnonto and Sini would piss the Championship and be good enough for Prem. Though if they go and we're banking on Summerville and Aaronson etc. then that's far from a sure thing even being good enough in the Champ let alone the Prem if we returned.

Suppose recruitment will be key. Getting a decent DOF in will probably be more important long term than whatever happens this season.
Last edited by Rick on Sat May 13, 2023 4:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Spuds can't make Europe?
Titman

Post by Titman »

Schwantz34 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:25 pm

Just think it’d give the younger lads another season to mature. They won’t get that chance in PL and the cost of what we need (imo) in the PL will be very, very expensive.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Fucking Brighton.
Lose to Forest and Everton then beat Arsenal.
Hope Arsenal show some fight, next game is bloody Forest 🤬