Zebbys Leeds United General discussion

Skippy

Re: Zebbys Leeds United General discussion

Post by Skippy »

Rick wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:26 pm
Skippy wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:23 pm Good morning team.
Is Allardyce official yet?
Not yet. Sticky Vicky has gone though.
Yep, I was sat on my phone until close to midnight following it all. Even logged in to waccoe for the first time in a couple of years to try and get some info before I crashed.

I know it's a bit dead on here lately, but fucking hell waccoe moves at a crazy pace.

I can say with pride that I was off Orta before we even got promoted. The way he handled himself with the spygate stuff and all the crocodile tears put me right off.

I really can't think of anything Orta really deserves credit for. The only players that 'went on to become legends' only did so because Marcelo was here. Without him they'd all of been flops.

Even Marcelo.... wasn't it Kinnear and Radz that actually went and met with him in Argentina? If he'd spoken to Orta he'd probably have been put off.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Yeah I think it was those 2 Skippy but not sure.

Also to add to your point re Orta, most of the strong characters integral to our promotion weren't even Orta signings. Coops, Dallas, Ayling, Pablo, Berra etc were all Cellino era signings I think. Phillips obvs came through youth setup. Bamford was a Bielsa signing.
Last edited by Rick on Tue May 02, 2023 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Yep Bamford, Raphinha, and Klichy are the only ones I could think of that had a positive impact, but look how they've all fallen off a cliff cince El Loco left.
Rick

Post by Rick »

As Hamp said earlier, about 75% of his signings have been utter dross. Virtually impossible to achieve any goal, whether promotion or safety, with that sucess rate.

He deserves no credit for anything other than taking us down (unless Big Sam can work a miracle). Kinear must be fuckin demented to sing his praises, likewise Radz for sticking with the prick so long.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Rick wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:22 pm As Hamp said earlier, about 75% of his signings have been utter dross. Virtually impossible to achieve any goal, whether promotion or safety, with that sucess rate.

He deserves no credit for anything other than taking us down (unless Big Sam can work a miracle). Kinear must be fuckin demented to sing his praises, likewise Radz for sticking with the prick so long.
Middlesbrough are only just recovering from what he did to them.

Warning signs were there.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Schwantz34 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:50 pm

Radz blind to them. That's main reason I can't stand Radz, how much disdain he has for the fans if he thinks Orta knows better than 99.9% of an entire city. His disdain is clear to see in his twitter outbursts anyway. Talks to fans like they're 10 yrs old. "Bla bla bla, now get behind the team" etc.

Guy has a serious superiority complex. I guess money can do that to people. We're just inconveniences to him. Cockroaches to be manipulated via ridiculous soc med messages. He'd prefer it if we all had no opinions and just handed him our money every Saturday.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Allardyce has evidently won 4 games in his last 30.

He'll fit right in then.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Schwantz34 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:50 pm
Rick wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:22 pm As Hamp said earlier, about 75% of his signings have been utter dross. Virtually impossible to achieve any goal, whether promotion or safety, with that sucess rate.

That’s a stretch. We’ve a few of them at work and one said this to me couple of weeks back. I asked him how and he couldn’t really tell me. Don’t get me wrong, Orta has fucked things up. But to say it’s taken a club 6 seasons to recover is ridiculous.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Schwantz34 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:45 pm Allardyce has evidently won 4 games in his last 30.

He'll fit right in then.
Done a good job everywhere else though.

Suppose big concern is was his record at West Brom down to just having an awful squad, or a sign he's past his sell-by-date.

We're either getting the og escape artist or a washed up has-been looking for a final pay day.

Seems like a wild card, which at this point gives me more hope than Javi or Scoobs. He'll take no shit, which is a positive.
Sid

Post by Sid »

People thinking SA is the answer sums up just how deep this shit show has become. It was obvious where it was heading once they sacked MB, though the damage done by the board and Orta’s incompetence was clearly responsible for his struggle to get a tune out of the shite he was given to work with. Until we get clarity on ownership and structure we are fucked, SA is not and never will be the answer, just more good money after bad. As they say, you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.