Gracia in

Schwantz34

Re: Gracia in

Post by Schwantz34 »

pete_lufc wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:02 pm Heard a lot of good things said about him from watford fans. Seeing is believing though
Did a good job at Malaga too from what I've read.

Took over 'broken and chaotic' clubs both times and steadied things is how it's put. Malaga especially were picked apart and relying on the kids at the time and he got them to mid-table. That's exactly what we need at the moment.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I enjoyed this article from when he was at Watford.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 57556.html

Talks about how he's very analytical and he spends most his of his time plotting and planning in his office. Deflects all praise to his staff and players. He believes having players that have a connection to the city is vital to success - whether it be by birth or by an extended period at the club.
Says he's a humble man but also demands respect.

He's got heaps of experience as a player and as a manager in lots of different leagues around the world, including prem experience.

Got a good feeling about this dude.

Hopefully this goes down as Ortas second good decision.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Found this a good watch.

Ben Foster on Gracia;

https://m.facebook.com/BenFosterTheCycl ... 073707209/
LimerickWhite

Post by LimerickWhite »

Having read and watched a load about him starting think the club have panicked and accidentally done something good like with Gnonto.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Lat’s face it anything will be an improvement on last 12 months. Hope he comes up with the goods. Fingers crossed on this one.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Sid wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:59 am Lat’s face it anything will be an improvement on last 12 months. Hope he comes up with the goods. Fingers crossed on this one.
I'm probably wrong but in recent years, I think Hockaday was the only worse manager than Marsch.
Even that is debatable.
RLG

Post by RLG »

Seems alright doesn't he. Just hope we haven't left it too late
Rick

Post by Rick »

Is he going to be able to take training whilst he waits for a work permit? Need his influence asap cos Saturday is massive
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Hampshirewhites wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:25 am
Sid wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:59 am Lat’s face it anything will be an improvement on last 12 months. Hope he comes up with the goods. Fingers crossed on this one.
I'm probably wrong but in recent years, I think Hockaday was the only worse manager than Marsch.
Even that is debatable.
Bloody hell not sure. Christensen, darko, hecky, we've had some right shite! Marsch did "keep us up" but this season has been a disaster.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Hampshirewhites wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:25 am
Even that is debatable.
Debatable