Marsch Out

number8shirt

Re: Marsch Out

Post by number8shirt »

AR is such a cockhead with all the Twitter wank.
Robinson is also a cockhead. Worse pundit than Carney!!!
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Really hope it's Iraola because that could be a lot of fun and an effective system.

It's Corberan though isn't it.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Batley_white wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:23 pm
Rick wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:16 pm
Batley_white wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:59 pm Radz on Twitter saying it should be done by morning
From looking at Hay's comments over last 24 hours, looks like Iroala or Corberan.
Iraola would be my choice of the 2 like, feels a bit rushed tbh
There are rumours they were going to sack him last month. Hopefully they drew up a short list then.
Probably didn't though and it'll be shit.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I really can't let this go about Corberan :lol:

Wiki says Andoni Iraola was sacked by a Cypriot side after not winning a game for 2 months, he spent one season in the Spanish 2nd division with Mirandes finishing 11th, and then moved to Rayo where he gained promotion via Play-offs.

Corberan lost a Play-off final with Huddersfield after taking them from relegation battlers to Promotion contenders, got sacked at Olympiacos, and has now taken West Brown from relegation battlers to Promotion contenders.

Both have a connection to Bielsa, one has history with our club and our squad, and Olympiacos and West Brom are arguably the biggest clubs of the six in question.

I don't understand why one is a good appointment and the other isn't?
Rick

Post by Rick »

Skippy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:01 pm I really can't let this go about Corberan :lol:

Wiki says Andoni Iraola was sacked by a Cypriot side after not winning a game for 2 months, he spent one season in the Spanish 2nd division with Mirandes finishing 11th, and then moved to Rayo where he gained promotion via Play-offs.

Corberan lost a Play-off final with Huddersfield after taking them from relegation battlers to Promotion contenders, got sacked at Olympiacos, and has now taken West Brown from relegation battlers to Promotion contenders.

Both have a connection to Bielsa, one has history with our club and our squad, and Olympiacos and West Brom are arguably the biggest clubs of the six in question.

Who would you choose, a guy who's 5th in la liga with a shite budget or a guy who's shown promise in the English second teir?

I don't think Corberan is a terrible idea (I hope we're keeping an eye on his career), but we need more experience. Iraola has beaten top teams through tactics alone.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Rick wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:13 pm
Skippy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:01 pm I really can't let this go about Corberan :lol:

Who would you choose, a guy who's 5th in la liga with a shite budget or a guy who's shown promise in the English second teir?

I don't think Corberan is a terrible idea (I hope we're keeping an eye on his career), but we need more experience. Iraola has beaten top teams through tactics alone.
I think the Spanish bloke sounds more exciting, too.

I'd be happy with either.

Just think poor CC deserves more loyalty/ respect from Leeds fans. He made that group of U21's unbeatable and impressed Bielsa enough to get on his staff when generally MB seemed to prefer his own crew.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Skippy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:19 pm
Rick wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:13 pm

I think the Spanish bloke sounds more exciting, too.

I'd be happy with either.

Just think poor CC deserves more loyalty/ respect from Leeds fans. He made that group of U21's unbeatable and impressed Bielsa enough to get on his staff when generally MB seemed to prefer his own crew.
He will get all the respect in the world if he holds his own in the Prem. Nawt personal is it, just an experience thing.
Yeboahs left foot

Post by Yeboahs left foot »

Won’t be Corberan imo, will be viewed as a cheap option by many.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

You conveniently left out the fact one is doing a very good job in the Premier division of a top league and one is yet to prove he can.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I hope it's not anybody like Raul.

That quote from Andy Hughes (I think) about Gary Mac from years ago always sticks with me, where he said Gary was a better player than everyone in that squad and he'd get frustrated because they couldn't do what he could do with the ball.

They said on TSB that Gerrard was the same at Villa. He'd tell them what to do, not how to do it.

I know there are exceptions but I always question whether top top players make good managers.

The Spanish blokes does fit the bill for me.
500 games for Bilbao tells me he's a loyal guy who'll understand what a proper club like Leeds is about.
Time under Bielsa and other respected managers, and also some time with the National team around Superstars.