Marsch Out

Skippy

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Skippy »

Batley_white wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:02 pm Andoni Iraola at Rayo Vallecano one of the coaches Leeds United particularly admire. Has built a very good team.

Chris Armas staying at Leeds for now. He and U21s coaches Michael Skubala and Paco Gallardo, will be in caretaker charge for Old Trafford

Via Phil Hay
No idea who he is, but wiki says Spanish international that played under Bielsa at Bilbao. That'll do.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Rick wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:53 pm
Skippy wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:51 pm Well good fucking morning :D
Happy birthday pal :lol:

The turd has been flushed
It's a great start to my day
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I can't wait for him to come out and say they had a long chat about it after the Forest game and they decided together that it was best if he moved on. Mutual decision. Not sacked.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Skippy wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:48 pm I can't wait for him to come out and say they had a long chat about it after the Forest game and they decided together that it was best if he moved on. Mutual decision. Not sacked.
Didn’t he say something similar after Leipzig gave him the boot?
Rick

Post by Rick »

Not arsed what he says. Must've watch over 20 hours of him talking over the last year. Gonna be like bliss as my brain slowly forgets it all.
Adamsforpresident

Post by Adamsforpresident »

Its over

Thank the sweet lord its over!
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Has Stuart Dallas done his coaching badges?

2 wins in 2 v Scum as caretaker from the Cooktown Cafu

ARE YOU WITH ME!?!?
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Sid wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:26 pm Evening All.

If i was a major contributing member of the new ownership investment syndicate i’d be wanting my investment to grow. Continuous improvement and structure, no lurching from crisis to crisis. Our new overlords lack of knowledge of football to me would suggest a considerable structure would be needed to look after what after all is one hell of an investment.

I’d be breaking the bank on Bielsa, not as manager but as director of football. Responsible for all aspects of the club. ( old style manager plus) He’d pick the manager, work on the squad via transfers, sort out the academy, even an input on any ground development, the lot top to bottom. A proper football man in charge, not an investor, not an owner playing manager and not a chancer playing football manager looking after the team or recruitment.
If Bielsa a no go, someone of his like, We need a structure to develop this club, we are so far behind we need to play catch up and bloody quickly. I fear the current board have left it too late in acting and we may well be back to starting from 2nd division but at least with new investment and parachute payments, last thing we want though is to then get promoted and undo all the good work previously done as this crowd have done in throwing away Bielsa’s legacy of the previous seasons.
Onwards and upwards anyway, can’t have got much lower than that of this last 12 months.
Bielsa as overlord sounds a great idea.
Never heard of Andoni Iraola but he was Bielsa's captain at Bilbao. Ideal pairing?
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Rick wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:55 pm Not arsed what he says. Must've watch over 20 hours of him talking over the last year. Gonna be like bliss as my brain slowly forgets it all.
Admire your stamina.
Couldn't abide listening to him.
Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Batley_white wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:02 pm Andoni Iraola at Rayo Vallecano one of the coaches Leeds United particularly admire. Has built a very good team.

Chris Armas staying at Leeds for now. He and U21s coaches Michael Skubala and Paco Gallardo, will be in caretaker charge for Old Trafford

Via Phil Hay
Oh hell yes!!! Please do that!!! A Bielsa style with a better defence is what he's been doing thus far in his career with not a big budget and unfashionable team.

I looked into him when someone mentioned it somewhere. Can't remember if it was here or elsewhere and he sounds perfect for us! I said I'd love him to a mate the other day on WhatsApp when we were on about who other than Marsch.

Very in favour of this!